medicine administer ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
I've been fighting coccidia for 6 weeks and moving onto the 3rd drug. I've been putting the meds into the side of the mouth. Do I have to put it directly on the tongue to be effective or am I ok w/ this method?? Not easy doing this since Omni is sick of being manhandled each morning and I don't blame her. i've been doing fecals every Friday a.m. and been to the vet w/ her twice. Very fed up and frustrated at this point. Costs are mounting and it really is taking away from the enjoyment of having her... TIA

Cammy

As long as she is swallowing the medicine, it's fine if you put the syringe in through the side of her mouth. I can understand your frustration. I work with sick beardies from time to time and the lengthy cases can make you want to scream and rip your hair out. Hang in there though; you will get through this. Just keep being diligent. You're doing a great job. =)

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanx Cammy- no one seems to understand the frustration. A lot of people I run into think it's silly to get so worked up over a reptile, but to each his own I say....... Thanks again!!!!!!!!!

Freddiemom

Juvie Member
Could all the manhandling be causing the coccidia to keep spiking like this? Stress is nasty for our guys. What drugs are you using? How fresh is the poop you are testing? How are you cleaning the enclosure? All these are things to consider! Yep, it can be frustrating and expensive but its so worth it, right?
Liz

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Cleaning w/ bleach, fecal tests within an hour and I've tried Albon, SMZ and now on to Panazuril. Who knows if the stress is causing it to test so badly, but what other way to know?? It's very frustrating and yes, at the end of the day it's worth it, but just want to give the poor girl a break!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom