Mean Dragon Mommy :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
I'm starving my poor little babies. :shock: It's horrible. I'm getting weak. I'm getting the stink eye. I'm getting the tail shown to me while my boy faces the wall. They hate me!!! :cry:

All they want are some superworms. Is it really that big of a deal? I mean, just because they are totally spoiled rotten and demand to eat nothing other than fat juicy supers forever and ever? Argh!!!!

I'm even hand feeding them crickets to try and make them happy again. Figment is hungry enough that he ate 8 of them. And Fluffy refused to eat any at all, but she woofed down most of her salad. How long is this going to last? When will they finally break down and eat crickets again? It's been three whole days!!!

Encouragement needed! Help!!!!!

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Tough Love is always harder on the Mommy!!! Just remember if she just wolfed down salad she isn't starving. Be Brave, Be Brave :)

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
Dont' give in. Give him the tough love. Pretty soon he'll know he can't be picky and will eat whatever you give him. That's what I do with my animals. :wink:

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
Supers aren't very fatty nor are they a good staple food so good job feeding them something better like crix. Dubia is like candy to most beardies so you might want to try that. Other than butter worms it is by far the favorite staple feeder.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Dubia is illegal in Florida. :( But we are toughing it out here. I think I'm gonna try ordering an assortment of stuff in another week or two and let them have a sample of lots of stuff.

I sure hope my hubby and son aren't sneaking worms to them while I am at work.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yay! Fluffy is being awesome! She ate 15 crickets yesterday and today. Plus, she has pooped 3 consecutive days. She is getting completely back to her old routine and old self. :D I wish Figment were as cooperative, but he's eating a few crickets and a lot of salad, so I'm not feeling so bad right now.

I can't wait until around the 12th. I'll have some wiggle room in my finances and I plan to order an insect smorgasbord for the two of them to sample. :mrgreen: Can't wait for that. I think we will really make progress then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom