Mealworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ataraxia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":2saqxvcb said:
See my PS post.

You can ask my age and be on topic, but me asking you questions about your opinions on mealworms are off topic?

What a joke.

-Brandon

I give up with you a simple age is all i ask.. You again keep to your agendas.

REMEMBER!

HEALTHY DRAGONS AND MEAL WORMS HEALTHY DRAGONS AND MEAL WORMS HEALTHY DRAGONS AND MEAL WORMS HEALTHY DRAGONS AND MEAL WORMS HEALTHY DRAGONS AND MEAL WORMS HEALTHY DRAGONS AND MEAL WORMS HEALTHY DRAGONS AND MEAL WORMS HEALTHY DRAGONS AND MEAL WORMS HEALTHY DRAGONS AND MEAL WORMS HEALTHY DRAGONS AND MEAL WORMS HEALTHY DRAGONS AND MEAL WORMS HEALTHY DRAGONS AND MEAL WORMS HEALTHY DRAGONS AND MEAL WORMS

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Why would you give up on me?
You were so eager to prove everyone wrong?
And just because I am the one posting the most you are going to ignore it because you can't answer the questions?

I did have a very important key thing to say, but you refuse to answer any questions.

You put so many people on blast for them saying that mealworms are bad, and now that you are in the spotlight, you are backing out of a chance to prove your point?

-Brandon

ataraxia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":3hiny5gj said:
Why would you give up on me?
You were so eager to prove everyone wrong?
And just because I am the one posting the most you are going to ignore it because you can't answer the questions?

I did have a very important key thing to say, but you refuse to answer any questions.

You put so many people on blast for them saying that mealworms are bad, and now that you are in the spotlight, you are backing out of a chance to prove your point?

-Brandon

Get back on topic and read back a few pages past all this non sense you have posted and you will see that you will soon find out what i am saying is correct.. both questions were answered but not to your liking.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You didn't answer my second question.

Sad when a discussion results to name calling. My father always said you know you've won an argument when the other results to name calling.

I am a troll because I don't agree with you?
I am a troll because I am trying to post my experience, and my knowledge but you will have none of it?
I am a troll because I dont just let you give me a copout answer? I want a real answer?

Seriously,

It is an extremely simple question,
Do you think mealworms can cause impaction. (look I left out the 'in bad husbandry or good' part so you would believe I am not off topic)

-Brandon

ataraxia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I HONESTLY I DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT MORE SIMPLE TO YOU.

ANSWER: IN A HEALTHY DRAGON......NO!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok good, in a healthy dragon no.

So is it safe to assume that you believe that mealworms can cause impactions if the living conditions are sub par?

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
Ok, here is an experience.
I rescued a 2 year old male last year. He was fed a dietof crickets and mealworms. He was impacted and it took me 8 days to get him started going. He proceeded to ass meal worm shells for 3 weeks thereafter. His previous owners considered him healthy. They considered his care to be correct. They were wrong.

ataraxia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i cant speak from personal experience. AGAIN! i have seen it done under sub par conditions with no health issues but i have not seen it long term.

still not the answer you want? seriously man how old are you?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I am getting slightly disturbed by your continued wonder of my age to be honest.
I don't see how age is a factor (or even on topic if you want to play that game)

No, that sounds like a cover up answer IMO, it might not be, but with the way you have been posting it leads me to believe that.

But I am going to give you it and just assume its your true belief.

That being said, would you recommend mealworms to an owner, if you had no clue on what their husbandry is like?

-Brandon

ataraxia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MissT- Im really glad you were able to save the dragon. Its great thing people like you are out here.

This thread is about healthy dragons and meal worms. Not ones that really arent. :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok, since that question was avoided....

How old is your oldest dragon?
How long have most of your dragons lived?
Do you know their cause of death?

Just trying to get your experience, because saying I have 12 years of experience with dragons, doesn't mean you are experienced. (And I am not saying you aren't experienced, I am just trying to get a guideline of the possible experience you do have.)

-Brandon

ataraxia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
brandon - wow guy you dont give up. When i recommend anything i make sure husbandry is good by asking and recommending any adjustments. EVERYTIME! When i sell a dragon or reptile for that matter. They get a care sheet with specific instruction. If someone doesnt follow it, that is irresponsible on the behalf of them not me. I have made personal house calls for customers to make sure everything is good. SO what else you got buddy? No seriously dont, im tired of your useless questions.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Questions are not useless, especially in a topic so edgy as this.

It is very important for anyone reading this trying to get information, to know information about both parties.

That is why I asked about your specific experience with bearded dragons, and your current and past dragons.

If you are trying to do an unknowledgeable reader a favor, you should present all aspects of your experience, and not just cover it with a amount of time.

Its like how some people believe a breeder is knowledgeable because they can put two dragons together and hatch an egg. The term breeder sounds knowledgeable, as does saying I have blank and blank years experience with dragons.
But when you start to dig deeper, it can easily crumble apart.

For the sake of your side of the thread, I would think its very important to give your experience with dragons. It might be greater than a lot of posters here.

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
My point is that sometimes people *think* they have healthy dragons. That is why we discourage mealworms as feeders.
My sister in law has a healthy beardie. Her husbandry is spot on (I make sure of that!!!) and she recently dealt with slight mealworm impaction. Yes, it was slight but it still happened.

ataraxia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
brandon - come to terre haute, indiana and see for yourself. i encourage any member to come stop by. I urge you to come see my zoo. pm me if you would like details.

MissT- Did you get xrays or are you assuming? What were the symptoms of your sister dragons slight impaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom