Mealworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
ataraxia":k37vaw3f said:
im not sure if you have read through this thread. one of my points is that people read information whether it to be true or false and run with it because other that have read it say the same thing. heres the thing like i have stated before. I have raised many animals including dragons on them with no ill effects over the years. If meal worms caused all these issues dont you think i would have encountered a problem just once? It makes no sense to me to say dont use meal worms they will cause impaction.

Im not rallying for everyone to use meal worms. If you do or dont it dont matter to me.

Go say this on a tortoise forums. I raised a russian tort on ice berg lettuce for 5 years. I bet you will hear everything under the sun about how bad you are and change this and change that. The truth is i had that russian that would only eat ice berg. yes it was supplemented but do you see where i am going with this?

Yeah I see where "you" are going. This was one of my points that was so excluded from response. You have how much knowledge and experience in reptiles..did you say 12 years, ehh close enough. You have also stated and I do not believe it has been disputed, that you have never heard of a healthy dragon having issues with mealworms in their diet. But, what you are failing to mention as it doesn't fit to "your" points (liking). Is that dragons who are not healthy or otherwise in possible improper husbandry can and quite possibly would find adverse effects with the chitin of the mealworm. This is regardless of frequency or amount fed. You cannot personally go to each persons house and inspect their set-ups, routines and or dragons. Is this correct? :study:

ataraxia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beardednoob - i understand your point. im not going to keep bouncing this back and forth. we dont see eye to eye period. I still havent been given a link to a study that has shown me otherwise.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I haven't been given a link saying that they are a healthy feeder.
This can go both ways, its just at first, everyone was trying to be sensible about it, and not give these kind of responses that you have made regular on this thread.

-Brandon

ataraxia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beardednoob said: You have also stated and I do not believe it has been disputed, that you have never heard of a healthy dragon having issues with mealworms in their diet.

Look at my first post and look at what a mod stated in the quote. you have been fighting a fight i didnt start this thread for. please start your own thread if thats what you want.

This thread was started directly from that statement and if you would like to see the thread where this all started i will show you the whole time i was stating a healthy dragon. A healthy dragon isnt in a improper set up.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That "Mod" that you are referring to, can very well be the most highly looked up to, and respected member of this board.
She has more knowledge than 50 vets combined. You can go to her with any question and she will answer it for you.
You can ask her how much dosage you should give of Albon for a parasite count of greater than 30 or +2 or whatever the count is.

Point being, if there was one single person that I would trust full heartidly with my dragons health, it would be her.

The fact that she is a "Mod" doesn't make her information right, the fact that she is extremely knowledgeable and has experience with things most owners have never even heard of, makes her information credible.

You don't need scientific studies to know if something is bad or not.
I understand YOU want people to stop saying mealworms are bad. But WHY?
It doesn't hurt you, or the person getting recommend not to feed mealworms.

-Brandon

ataraxia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I will agree she does give great advice normally. i do however know this particular statement is incorrect.

why not?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Why?

I understand you have 12 years of "reptile" experience, but how long has this been with bearded dragons?

Ok, lets try to break some ground here.

1. Do you believe mealworms to be nutritionally valuable?
2. Do you believe they can cause impactions (under any circumstances, good husbandry or bad)

-Brandon

ataraxia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":2wzhjdm9 said:
Why?

I understand you have 12 years of "reptile" experience, but how long has this been with bearded dragons? That is my bearded dragon experience also.

Ok, lets try to break some ground here.

1. Do you believe mealworms to be nutritionally valuable? yes
2. Do you believe they can cause impactions (under any circumstances, good husbandry or bad)I started this thread with stating as i have any other post of mine..a healthy dragon. which would mean good husbandry. I have however seen poor husbandry and meal worms being used. i have never seen it done long term though.

-Brandon

now answer my question: how old are you?

I will also re state this.RE READ THE QUOTE IN THE FIRST POST AND WHAT I SAID. I am not speaking for any other variable BAD or WHATEVER YOU CAN MUSTER UP. GOOD HEATH IS WHAT I HAVE STATED FROM THE GET GO!

You, Beardednoob and whoever else is rallying bad husbandry and meal worms....GO START YOUR OWN THREAD!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Why does my age matter in a thread where you are trying to get peoples experience?
I am an adult and need to say no more than that.

Those were just the precursor questions to the actual questions.

You answered yes to number 1.
Now, is this your belief that they are nutritionally valuable? Or your experience?

I didn't want an excuse for answer 2, I wanted an answer. Do you believe that mealworms can cause impaction (good husbandry or not)
It really is a yes or no question.
I don't care if your thread is mainly about mealworms being fed to dragons under good husbandry, I just want you to answer the question. It will all become relevant once I see your answer and can respond.

-Brandon

ataraxia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Brandon i really could careless of what you have to bring to the table. you cant even answer a simple question. you have started rallying your own agenda from the get go. I will make this next part large for you. maybe it will get through to you if it is large.

WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? RE READ THE FIRST POST, ESPECIALLY THE QUOTE. A HEALTHY DRAGON, NOT A DRAGON IN BAD HEALTH.

start speaking on topic.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What question have I not answered?
Do you want me to give you the month and day I was born so you can send me a card too?

It must be pretty difficult to answer those questions then, since you know your response goes against what you have been preaching.

I have read and re read the first post numerous times now.
Now that I have, will you answer my question?

Rallying my own agenda?
Can you be more descriptive on what you mean by this?

I thought this was a discussion on whether mealworms are a good feeder or not?
Is this not what I am trying to discuss with you?

Why can't you answer my two questions?

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ps.

How are my questions about mealworms, off topic, when you are asking about my age?
This kind of logic, is the reason I keep coming back to this thread.

If you want the truth to get out about mealworms, you would accept all experiences, and all responses.
And if you were like that, I would have been done with probably my first post, but you keep arguing all my points, so I have to come back and back them up. And then back up my backed up points, and so on.

-Brandon

ataraxia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":7m4yo21y said:
What question have I not answered?
Do you want me to give you the month and day I was born so you can send me a card too? A simple age bud, a simple age thats all.

It must be pretty difficult to answer those questions then, since you know your response goes against what you have been preaching.
SIGH, your comprehension is not that great. sorry.

I have read and re read the first post numerous times now.
Now that I have, will you answer my question?

Rallying my own agenda?
Can you be more descriptive on what you mean by this?
claudiusx":7m4yo21y said:
No, I stand my point of being that I believe mealworms to be a god awful feeder, and say Yes, they can cause impaction in younger dragons.
-Brandon

I thought this was a discussion on whether mealworms are a good feeder or not?
Is this not what I am trying to discuss with you?

Why can't you answer my two questions?
are you the bearded dragon god or soemthing. I must answer thou question to pass the bearded dragon test. take a hike. get back on topic and your question will be answered.

-Brandon

YOU QUESTION ARENT ON MY TOPIC! HEALTHY DRAGONS AND IMPACTION BUDDY PLEASE SIT BACK AND THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY PLEASE!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
See my PS post.

You can ask my age and be on topic, but me asking you questions about your opinions on mealworms are off topic?

What a joke.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom