mealworms n thats it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all THANK YOU for clicking and i hope ya'll can help :) My newest beardie (Neytiri) has recently decided she doesnt want crickets and neither will she eat greens but i have been able to get her to eat some meal worms but i'm afraid to only give her that (for obvious reasons) SO i wondering if anyone had any advice? She was eating them fine till i ran ou of little ones so i gave her a few big ones i had for my older beardie and she was so excited but i think it overwhelmed her can the only way she could eat them is sideways cause she so small lol so now she jus ignores them and let the other little one eat them all but she dashes in front of the other one for worms... So is there a good worm that is easy to come by in the us that is safer and can atleast temporarily be her main food source??? I would appreciate any and all help :)

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
I loved to feed Reptiworms, www.reptiworms.com , to my beardies when they were young. They are really great feeders that I could leave in their viv all day and not worry about. No shell and they have a lot of calcium and they are the same thing as the more expensive Pheonix worms. Of course you still want to offer greens. Now that my beardies are older I use Superworms for their live feeders, they are a little cheaper and I believe are better than mealies. But of course I feed them greens a lot more now...

McTiriLaTri

Original Poster
There are 3 beardies in this house n none will really eat any greens maybe 1 bite but thats it...... But the other 2 will eat crickets... How can i teach them or get them to eat greens?

trinity040400

Juvie Member
First I dont even offer my dragons meal worms so they dont get a choise. I think it is better for them to not eat the crickets until they realize its that or nothing.

How old are your beardies? When they are young they dont eat as much greens. For my older dragon I started out by waveing it infront of her face until she got intrested.

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
I feed dubia and turkistan roaches mostly, started breeding supers, turkistans, dubia, and wax worms. I give a dish of greens everyday, if Mojo eats it or not is up to her but its there if she wants it. Mind you she's young. Not sure how to handle feeding an adult yet but I will be finding out

McTiriLaTri

Original Poster
Ya my babies will NEVER have roaches lol worms n crickets are kewl with me but NEVER roaches :oops: My oldest McLovin is supposed to be about a year and a half old but the people i got him from majorly majorly mistreated him and it took me over a month of syringe feeding him and giving him meds before he could even eat on his own so he prob didnt get much greens or anything from his prior owner and mine and my moms baby beardies are just a couple months old we got them about 3 weeks ago..

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
Aw :( I I don't mind the roaches but the silk worms and super worms? EW! Mojo agrees on the silks, not sure yet on Supers LOL. Besides the roaches are so easy breed

Rud3Bwoy

Sub-Adult Member
Carnivorouszoo":3m6uy0vs said:
Oh yeah those crickets, they are ok until they start moving then my brain goes to spider mode and I freak out. :lol:

smelly and annoying to catch the extras at times lol.

dubias are so simple.and reptiworms

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Carnivorouszoo":1u14ud59 said:
If only I could figure out how to breed Reptis I'd be set LOL!

It is really annoying. I looked into it because they are expensive, but they breed in compost and manure and turn into flies. apparently they really stink, too(breeding in manure it does not surprise me though). No thank you!

McTiriLaTri

Original Poster
haha ya crickets are def annoying i have to keep them in my room right now but if i breed them they would hae to be somewhere else... But i don't care how easy roaches are they are nasty freaky little things lol but i agree if i could grow reptis i would be SO happy!! :blob8:

Rud3Bwoy

Sub-Adult Member
McTiriLaTri":3nwouopy said:
haha ya crickets are def annoying i have to keep them in my room right now but if i breed them they would hae to be somewhere else... But i don't care how easy roaches are they are nasty freaky little things lol but i agree if i could grow reptis i would be SO happy!! :blob8:

dubia roaches aren't freaky at all trust me i thought id be all grossed out but they are very chill and easy to take care off i rather them over crickets anyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom