Mealworms and Superworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonblade

I am trying to find some mealworms and superworms. Most places I have looked at online are out of them at the moment. Anyone having any luck finding them anywhere?

I just ordered some Phoenix Worms from Pheonix Farms and thinking of making a Dubia order (I hate crickets and Draco (17") will not eat them anymore. (although I am changing to a Zoo-Med 10.0 UVB, I think the current lamp I have is not working so well for him.)

Jr (5.5" now) gobbles up the pinhead crix but have trouble keeping enough small enough for him without there being an absolute mess

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I have been ordering from premiumcrickets.com, and it seems that they have medium mealworms, but it appears they are out of the giants; they also seem to have the superworms. They also carry butterworms, wax worms, and phoenix worms.

I get a tub of PWs, 250 crix for $29 delivered. It's about the most reasonable I have found...

ETA: I have noticed that my 'local' petco has been out of them for quite some time now. Something about a shortage.. but I can't remember. My Blazey is too small for them just yet, so I don't pay much attention, honestly..

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Dragonblade":b2fb2 said:
Hey another Okie! Good to see one!

Thanks for the tip!

Hah, I'm actually a Texan, living in Oklahoma! Still like me now? j/k
Good luck w/ the wormies. Most places won't send anything to me overnight, I always get stuck with 2nd day. But I have had a lot of luck ordering feeders online.

Dragonblade

Original Poster
hah hah I guess that depends on how much you rib me about last week game :)

I ordered some worms and some pinheads (for the baby) from that site lets see how it goes!

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Hah! I promise I won't go on and on about how bad they lost ;)

I ordered some crix and pw's this weekend too. I hope everything goes well! He will ship on Monday, and I get them on Wednesdays. Everyone at work freaks out, but they are pretty cool about it.

Dragonblade

Original Poster
it was only 10 pts!!!!!! :oops:

Yeah you get some strange looks when you respond to the question "What did you do this weekend?" with "started a roach colony"

not quite as bad as with worm farm though!

Dragonblade

Original Poster
Got my order in. No dead ones but the package with the supers had a hole in it and some supers got out, looks like it happened in shipping though..

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Oh, that sucks. I got my crickets and two tubs of PW's yesterday, too. The screen on my cricket box was dented a little, too, so I had some escapees. They are so tiny, I bet they can get out of anything, though!

Glad to hear it went well, and we could find you some worms!

Dragonblade

Original Poster
Yeah the crickets i got were too small I am going to have to feed them and wait a bit to feed them to the dragons.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I get them small intentionally. They grow really fast, so I don't want them to get too large. My Blazey will eat the small ones, though.

Dragonblade

Original Poster
heh yeah thats what i intended but the term the local pet store uses for pinheads is not the same as premiumcrickets.com :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom