Mealworms and Superworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Germ

Hatchling Member
Momto3boys":e11b9 said:
Use the search button Germ, and you will find all the answers to everything you're looking for!

And there isnt a book out there on Bearded Dragons that has 100% correct info, I have NOT read a book on beardies that doesnt contradict itself.....

Oh, I did, that is how I found this thread, and I did not find one post with any facts on either question other than hearsay or opinions. Just a whole lot of posts repeating what they have read from a previous post or opinion they've heard, with absolutely nothing to substantiate either claim. Once again, if anyone knows of a reliable, tried and true, proven source of either of these claims, & could give me the source or link, I would be all ears and appreciate it ... Until such a time, I will stick to my own experiences and sources that I know to be reliable & researched. :banghead:

Later
Germain

HYPORollo

Juvie Member
ok so i read this whole thing and germ you make a great point as does the other jerry spinger ranter lol people say not to feed pinkies to dragons not saying i do or ever will but i know a guyy who works at the local pet shop here and he has 4 dragons all kinda small sizes largest about 14 in and i have seen countless videos he shows me every time i go in there of his dragons eating pinkies,snakes,and anoles all the time heck the last video was of his dragons taking down hoppers and not to mention his buddy who feeds his dragon cooked chicken every day now lets get this striaght i dont think any of it is right and i tell him all the time he shouldnt do that but like he says he does it all the time and has never had a single issue at all ever so why should he stop because a book says its not good he also has them on sand so its a perfect example of all the said to be wrong things working all at once and has been working for years this way my point is everybody is diffrent and what happens to one doesnt mean it will happen to another just because a book or some one says so its what works for you and what you beleive and trust for your animal
now i agree with germ 100 percent its all he say she say but its best to just get as much info as possible and do what you feel is right for your animal

and again i want to say i dont beleive what this kid does is right nor do i think its cool but he is going to do what works for him and his animals and i cant stop him i tell him to join this site all the time so he can see what other people think but thats just it its all what others think and he goes by what he knows so what can i say :dontknow:

HYPORollo

Juvie Member
Momto3boys":d95a2 said:
I've also never been hit by a car but it doesn't mean I'm going to go play in traffic :roll:

lol lmfao that was priceless funny and a good point but lol lol :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

side note i was hit by a car when i was six and dragged on my face for 25 feet so i can tell you from first hand not just he say she say it sucks bad real bad

Germ

Hatchling Member
So are you going to stop walking across the street because you are afraid you might? :banghead:

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
haha as if, I always park on the right side of the street so I never have to cross it...problem solved :p

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
ajkry2":8ae7f said:
I'm no expert, but from what I've read and learned, the 16" rule applies because when a beardie is smaller than that, there's a kink in the digestive tract...

Indeed. Tracie (Drache613/moderator), has also mentioned that if the dragon is 16 inches or more however still rather young say, under 9-12 months, the kink can still exist so it's important to use caution in feeding the full sized supers. Better to wait it out if possible and with so many other feeders at our fingertips these days, it's pretty easy to do. We waited until our girl was a year (and 17 inches), just to be safe. It was good timing as she had decided that her PWs and crickets were no longer to her liking at this time. :? :)

The best,
Em

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Em....Germ needs scientific proof that there's a kink and they can't have supers until 16".....

He believes nothing anyone says UNLESS they have scientific proof.....like if a book states it cause we all know books are 100% accurate :wink:

HYPORollo

Juvie Member
aaahhhh em how nice it is to see on here again long time no see and im glad to see you hard at work again helping others with such great info your help is awesome

Germ

Hatchling Member
Momto3boys":c2632 said:
Em....Germ needs scientific proof that there's a kink and they can't have supers until 16".....

He believes nothing anyone says UNLESS they have scientific proof.....like if a book states it cause we all know books are 100% accurate :wink:

You bet, I would like something I can look at, mull over, consider & cross reference. You get your info any way you like & believe anything you want. But with all the 'Crap' information that I have seen over the years, when I run across new or different info, I like to research it a bit before I take it as the Bible truth. As I have never run into this tidbit of info, I have very politely asked for a source, so that I can, and make my own choices.

But you have to show your immaturity, and throw your cheap shots, your little "Quotes" (first one was old, you used it before, remember. And the second was really lame.), because I am not prepared to take what you say as the absolute truth without researching it myself, which I would very much like to if someone will provide me with the source, as it does sound like it would be worth checking out. Which apparently, you can't do, or you wouldn't be covering it up with your little outbursts. So I am still hoping, someone a little more knowledgeable will ... As this is the only place I have ever run into this info, I am looking to get a source here. :banghead:

Germain

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You really need to relax......

I don't have proof, or I would give it to you, and Im almost positive you havent researched everything you've ever done in your life....

I suggest you start your own thread with a title that will get someone's attention that has your proof for you...

By the way do you research all the food you ever ate before eating it to make sure there's scientific proof it's edible??

I just dont know what you say to you anymore since I say white, you say black...

This game is getting old and I have better things to do like sticking needles in my eyes.

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
[/quote]

You bet, I would like something I can look at, mull over, consider. You get your info any way you like & believe anything you want. But with all the 'Crap' information that I have seen over the years[/quote]

Like feeding Mealworms to Dragons?? That's pretty crappy info!!

Germ

Hatchling Member
Momto3boys":f29ab said:
You really need to relax......

I don't have proof, or I would give it to you, and Im almost positive you havent researched everything you've ever done in your life....

A: Right, I have not. But as I help many people with their BDs, & I choose not to give them any false information, therefore I check it all out myself beforehand, unlike others I know, present company included. Because this could be valuable info, because it has to do with a physical aspect, Yes I very much want to research it.
I suggest you start your own thread with a title that will get someone's attention that has your proof for you...
A: That is a very good idea - I will - Thank you
By the way do you research all the food you ever ate before eating it to make sure there's scientific proof it's edible??
A: Now, your just being silly again. Do you actually have such a dislike for the quest for proper info?
I just dont know what you say to you anymore since I say white, you say black...
A: Maybe quit saying 'white' for no reason
This game is getting old and I have better things to do like sticking needles in my eyes.
Germain

Germ

Hatchling Member
Momto3boys":cd452 said:
Like feeding Mealworms to Dragons?? That's pretty crappy info!!
It is not crappy info, although there are differences of opinion. And why did you not give this person the same response when He gave you the exact same "Crapy Info" ???
Ihaggerty1313":cd452 said:
Today we have a bazillion feeders at our finger tips. Do I feed Meal Worms? Nope. I use roaches as my staple feeder. Are meal worms a bad feeder? Nope. They aren't the greatest compared to some of the other options available on the market today, but... they are still a popular feeder and you can feed them w/ confidence to your animals.
-Ian
http://www.theroachranch.com
Your right, this game is getting really old, but if you can't handle the replies, don't venture the comments.

Germain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom