Mealworm stuck in butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBugBoss

My kids dragon has what looks like a large meal worm sticking out of it's butt. I haven't a clue as to what to do. can anyone help?
qp3uwfzaXiatnuyg9

Edit: He passed the worm after a day or so. I will post the set up but honestly, I think we have some work to do because Y'all are asking about stuff I don't know about. I need a UVB bulb i guess as I don't have one. um IDK what else. But thank you all for the help. The soaking helped

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That would be just a hard discolored urate. Have you tried soaking him in a nice, warm bath
to help it dislodge naturally?
How long have you had him? He definitely needs some hydration, because that looks very
hard & chalky.
Can you review your tank setup for us, such as the type/brand of UVB lighting, supplementation
& temperatures?

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He's not digesting his food properly and the superworm is coming through. If it hasn't come out yet you can apply a drop of olive oil around the rectal area and very gently pull it out. If it's stuck hard, soak him in warm water and try again. Is he getting proper heat + uvb exposure ? Post a few pics of his set up , including the heat + uvb bulbs. Be sure to keep him in his tank after eating for at least 2 hours , they need heat to digest food. Do you have other feeders for him, roaches , crickets or BSFL instead of superworms ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing, have you been able to get that removed by soaking him?
As AHBD suggested, try the olive or coconut oil on the area along with baths. Oral fluids
should help, too.
I wouldn't feed anymore insects until you can get him to pass that. At his size, he should
have a bit smaller feeders.
We can review your tank setup with you also if you need to be sure it is all correct.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

TheBugBoss

Original Poster
Alright. He was able to pass the poo. He had a good soak. Thank you for your advice. I honestly don’t think we have a good set up so I will be doing some more research on tank set up. Thank you all

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, that's good ! Just check to be sure that your basking temp. is about 100 F and you have a good uvb tube bulb like Reptisun 10.0 [ preferably a t5 ] or an Arcadia D312-14% t5.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good news then, I am sure he feels quite a bit better now!
I am glad the warm bath helped out. We can help with your tank setup too, if you need
guidance on lighting, etc.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom