Meal worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
Just wondering if anyone else here breeds meal worms. They are beyond easy to take care of. My colony is doing really really well and am currently on my 2 generation of beetles. I am working on a care sheet for them if anyone is interested, please let me know.

I know people say roaches are easy but these meal worms are really really easy and line I said I am just seeing if anyone else breeds them.

Ryan75

JUST STARTED MINE! I have them in like business shelf type holer things lol. Oats and throw veggies in there. I am starting with about 50. Also going to try and keep wax worms also (very easy also). Send me an e-mail if you wanna ask anymore questions [email protected]

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I have thought about wax worms but not sure yet. Do not have anything to keep them in right now. They basically the same concept as the meal worms. Oh I sent my oats thought he blender first to chop it up real fine. You do anything like that?

Ryan75

For the wax worms you have to mix bran and honey, they eat that and pupate. Then the moths lay more eggs. Also you have to put wax paper in the container you are keeping them in.

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Ryan75":3q60bk91 said:
For the wax worms you have to mix bran and honey, they eat that and pupate. Then the moths lay more eggs. Also you have to put wax paper in the container you are keeping them in.

I look forward to hearing how it goes for you. The only thing that worries me is the moths getting lose.

I've been breeding meal worms and dubias, both are super easy and a heck of a lot cheaper than buying from a pet store.

I'm on my fourth or fith generation of beetles. I keep the beetles and pupates in bran with potato and my worms are kept in bran with potato and veggies and they are thriving

very simple easy set up and little to no maintenance, it's a great inexpensive easy snack for my dragons

Kinda funny I keep the worms and dubias under the dragon tank and they get all stoked and come over to the front of the glass every time I venture under the tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom