mbd while in brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
hi my 9month old female Lola is in brumation at the moment and has been sleeping about a month.. (she was wormed and got a clean bill of health from the vet b4 she started sleepin) anyway I got her up today to give her a bath and warm her up abit... when I put her in the bath she was fine but then she was kinda acting like there was something wrong with her back end she kept wiping ber tail around and looked like her back legs wernt working properly.. I got her straight out and placed her on a towel and she was still not walking on high legs.. I sat with her a min and then all ov a sudden she started walking normal on high legs I opened the bathroom door and let her walk down the hall to my room and she seemed fine no dragging her legs and her body was off the ground... ! any ideas y she was like that in the begining?? I watched her hind legs to see if the toes started twitching but there wasn't any here is a pic... if u look at her foot closest to the cam does it look normal? (she has her foot on abit of carrot) as she has been in brumation and has had no UVB lighting or calcium from not eating could it b the start of MBD? please helppppppp thanks

wns9.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....no, it doesn't sound like MBD. She was probably just sleepy and slow moving. She is a bit thin in the pic, it would be good to shorten her brumation if you can since she's young + still growing. Be sure her temps. are good....not too cool + not to hot so that she doesn't keep sleeping if possible. Hopefully everything will be fine. :)

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2bf2ih8e said:
Hi there....no, it doesn't sound like MBD. She was probably just sleepy and slow moving. She is a bit thin in the pic, it would be good to shorten her brumation if you can since she's young + still growing. Be sure her temps. are good....not too cool + not to hot so that she doesn't keep sleeping if possible. Hopefully everything will be fine. :)

hi ya thanks for the reply.. I have been weighing her and she hasn't lost any weight.. how do I get her to start getting up again? after I put her back in from her bath it took her 10mins to find a dark spot to go sleep in and her lights where on! lol thanks u 4 replying

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome. She should be done sleeping soon, but in the mean time if you remove any hides and start offering her different bugs, maybe something she's never had like a superworm or hornworm then she might get her appetite peaked. Other than that, she'll just have to decide when she wants to start eating again. But it's good that she hasn't lost any weight.

[admin: quoted spam removed. As mentioned, please don't respond and especially do not quote spam. I almost deactivated your account because at first glance it looked like you had posted spam. But then I noticed you had a bunch of regular posts so I double checked. :) ]
WHAT THE HELL???!!!

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Don't respond to spam, just report it. There's a little triangle next to each post with an exclamation mark. Just click it and report.

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":hf54bnki said:
You're welcome. She should be done sleeping soon, but in the mean time if you remove any hides and start offering her different bugs, maybe something she's never had like a superworm or hornworm then she might get her appetite peaked. Other than that, she'll just have to decide when she wants to start eating again. But it's good that she hasn't lost any weight.

hi every1.. im sooo happy.. i didnt put another beardie in with lola after what every1 said and i have been working hard to get her back to the bubbly self she was b4 this all started.. and im pleased to announce she has finally started to EAT!!! hurrayyyyyyy i took out her hid so she couldnt sleep all day and fingers crossed all is going well.. she has eat for the last 3days in a row she even had a locust today all by herself!! her favorite is the morfed meal worm (what they turn into b4 bugs) and she has has some apple aswell.. she loves a little bit of apple.... i have been dripping water on her nose and getting her out for a couple of hours a day and when the sun is nice and hot she has a run around on the garden ... she really seems to be on the up and up.. im so pleased.. i feel terrible for taking out her hide but i now have to be cruel to be kind :evil: .... u cant imagin how happy i am she is getting better.. thanks for all ya advice x :blob8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom