mbd q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdchip

ya idk how but seems that my beardie has a slight case of mbd.......he sits with his feet all crepid and folded under.....he walks funny.....hes very active and eats everyday........

ive already started giving him more calcium and added more uvb to his tank

what else can i do to get him healthier?/

temps are right hes fed good diet im not beginner i have another dragon that is in almost the same setup as him and has no problems so idk wtf happened to him

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

My first question is how old is your dragon currently?
What type & brand of UVB light are you using, is it a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light? How far away is the UVB light from him?
What brand of calcium do you give & how often do you give it?
Can you post a picture or two of him so I can see his overall condition?

Tracie

bdchip

Original Poster
uploadedoctober2008142.jpg

uploadedoctober2008185.jpg

uploadedoctober2008192.jpg

uploadedoctober2008193.jpg

im using a reptisun 10.0 18" tube along with a solar glo 140w i think.......lights were probably like 16" away i currently moved things around so now he is within 12"

i give reptical mon-fri and hertivite sat-sun

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, he looks like a sweetie!
Your setup looks pretty good, but there does need to be a few changes with your lighting. The basking bulb needs to be moved over directly beside the Reptisun 10 tube bulb. That will create a more focused basking spot so that he can get heat & UVB all at the same area. Then, to lighten up the other end of the tank where your current basking spot is, you can get a low wattage light to brighten up that area.
Also, can you move the Reptisun 10 within 6-8 inches? It could be hung by some chains or something so it can be lowered. Or, you could build up a basking platform that would move him closer to the UVB light.
Whichever way would be easier but it would definitely give him better UVB exposure than what he is getting.

Tracie

bdchip

Original Poster
i have currently moved some things around to make him higher to the uvb bulb. Should i really move the mercury vapor bulb? the reason i have that there is so that there is uvb spread throughout the tank. i moved things around so he was closer to the mvb too. if i put the reptisun 10.0 in the middle would it spread out the uvb rays more or does it beam down? Thanks for the help. o yea how does he look? i dont think he looks to bad but i just dont know how he couldve gotten mbd. his set up up has only been like that for a little while i used to have a fake rock wall that i made so he was much closer to the light but i broke it trying to clean it thats why there is a brown line across the tank (it was grouted in) could that few inches do that much harm? how can i get him better? like back to normal is he always gunna walk funny now? he doesnt walk crepid all the time but when it gets situated that way he will just let it sit like that not tryin to sit straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom