MBD In Our Baby Beardie:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatPause

Original Poster
Now our little stinker has a huge (in comparision to his size) sore on his foot! Ack, I think a cricket or two hiding in his tank attacked him overnight and chewed it open clear to the bone....So, on our way to dance class this morning we stopped and bought gauze and vet wrap and neosporin. I've now got his foot wrapped up and it looks pathetic, but hoping it'll keep it clean and at least until hubby gets home and goes cricket chasing, cricket free. I think we either have to find a different feeder insect or a better way to feed him until he's got some energy back to him. Got him some wax worms for treats today, needing to find a way to get some weight back on him since he now only weighs 18 grams, down from 23 two weeks ago.

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
I take out all the furniture in my guys viv before feeding it makes everything Soo much easier for you and your beardie.

If you can get betadine dilute it with water until it looks like weak tea then soak the foot to clean it. Don't let him drink any though.

Repti/calci/Phoenix worms are a great feeder that you don't have to dust because they naturally have the proper amount of calcium. (still needs vitamins though) They don't bite and you can place then in a smooth sided dish with straight sides and he can just go eat when he pleases.

EDIT* also make sure it's the neosporin without the pain reliever.

Kalyn

KatPause

Original Poster
I think we're going to try the worms for him. They're not too much more than the crickets and I'd rather the poor guy not be chewed up by his meals. Hubby got all the crickets out, and laughed at my bandage job, we decided it looks like a mini cast, and I don't know how long it'll stay on there, but maybe without crickets the neosporin (I bought him his own without the pain relief this morning- didn't want to use it on us and him both lol) will at least help heal it up. It seems like it is feeling better though since he's been moving even with the wrap on, and it doesn't seem to annoy or phase him at all which is good. For now we're going to use his carrier for feeding times and put a few crickets in with him twice a day so we know there's not any in his home at night. Once we go thru the rest of the crickets we have we'll switch to worms and see how he likes them:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom