mbd help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmac1

Juvie Member
okay well i rescued an adukt male dragon from a pet shop near my house because its has mbd and he cant move his back legs and just drags them, i took him him because it knew i could give him a proper set up to help him but i cant take him to the vet right now, but here is my set up i have him in a 4x2x2 custom enclosure with an mvb its the solar glo 125watt i was told he did not have a good uvb source for about 1 year but he did not show any sings of mbd until about a month or two ago so i took him in, i been giving him a warm bath and have him all set up the good thing is that he still moves around good i put in some dubia roaches for him and he eagerly chased them down only using his front legs it was sad watching him sturggle i tried hand feeding but did not take so i put them down and he ate them and he also ate some collard greens this morning dusted with repta cal, but uf any one has any information that can help right now with taking care of him without any vet visits please let me know.
thanks

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Hi...Good that you are trying to get him well.
Go ahead and dust with the calcium 5 days a week, one feeding, and dust one day a week with vitamins...same jar as the calcium except it is blue. You might want to get some liquid calcium. Ask a pharmacist. You don't need a prescription. It metabolizes better than the powdered.
How close is his MVB?
How old is the MVB?
What is the temp of his basking spot?
What do you use to take temps with? stick on, temp gun, digital with a probe?

Does he seem to have trouble climbing onto his basking spot? If so, you might need to remove it til he gets better so he doesn't fall & hurt himself. Just make sure hi MVB is about 10-12 inches from him and his basking temp is 95-110, and cool end is 75-82.

Good luck
Patsy

Can you post a picture of your set up?

bigmac1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
the mvb is about 1 month old, and he can get about 12-13in from the bulb right now the tank is empty i only have tile in the bottom, i devided the tank in half so he can get more of the bulb because he has been trying to brumate from were i got him and i dont want him to do this while he is in this condition. his temps are about 104-105 in his baskin spot and i use a digital thermometer, i just bought liquid calcium from petco its zilla brand hopefully this can help him get better.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Let me know if you have any questions regarding my PM.
Great that you have rearranged the tank so that he can get within good parameters of the Mercury Vapor lamp. The Solar Glo will be fine, no problem.
The liquid calcium is fine. Let me know if you need help dosing it. How much are you giving him, daily?

Keep us posted on him! Thanks.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom