MBD? Beardie can barely walk, not eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littleleno

Original Poster
So I have his light about 6 inches from his head. Is this to close? It's the T8 reptisun 10.0 fluorescent light. After he walked to the other side of his cage earlier today, he has pretty much stayed on his rock laying down with his eyes closed. It was nice seeing him perk up a bit. I put the light in his cage about 2pm and he's been direction under it since. But i'm hoping 6 inches isn't to close?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

At 6 inches that should be fine. It is recommended 6-8 inches. Is it mounted right alongside of the basking light too?
It sounds like he is enjoying it also! How are his colors looking?
It is great to hear he has perked up some, maybe he is starting to feel a little bit better now. Definitely let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Littleleno

Original Poster
His color seems the same. And yes, the UVB light is mounted inside his tank next to his basking spot. He hasn't moved from underneath it since i posted yesterday. Once the family gets their breakfast, i'll see if he is interested in anymore baby food. I put some greens in his cage last night, collards, but he hasn't moved over to that side yet as far as i can tell.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, great that sounds good then, he should be receiving adequate UVB exposure now.
If he is sitting under it that much, then it is instinctive & he is utilizing the lighting. I hope that he is feeling better.
Did he ever move to eat anything yet?

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Littleleno

Original Poster
He won't move to eat anything yet. He does like his baby food and has maybe two to three bites of it. (Lizard sized bites)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, that is ok, if he is eating then, he is trying to soak up as much light as possible. Where is he sleeping, does he move out of the light to sleep when the lights go out?

Tracie

Littleleno

Original Poster
He stays in the same spot when sleeping as well. he doesn't move off his rock. he didn't eat anything yesterday.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
When is the last time he ate and what method are you using, just putting it on his snout ? ? He's been through a lot and it's taken a while for him to get to this state and there are things going on internally as well. His bones are weak and MBD would be over all very tiring. There may be more of a dehydration problem on top of everything....try just very slowly dripping water on his snout ....drip, stop, repeat. Hopefully he'll drink some. You might take him down from his spot, too to see what he does.

He does look more filled out in the last picture you posted so he may have no appetite at the moment.

Littleleno

Original Poster
He ate two days ago. I'm taking a syringe (like what you give medicine to babies with) filling it up. when he would open his mouth, i would shove it in. Being careful not to go to fast, but fast enough he had to swallow it. He lays flat on his little rock, which has hit water dish on the next level. He's been half in/half out most of the time. in his water. sometimes he rotates so he isn't in his water. But i've had to refill his water every day as it appears he is "soaking" it up.

I haven't tried to move him off his rock other than when i feed him. He lays on his towel when i feed him and he crawls off my hand back onto his rock when i reach into his cage.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Where is he sleeping, does he move off of his basking area to sleep?
I wouldn't let him stay in his water all day long though, he may not be reaching optimal temperatures while basking. Instead try giving him a nice warm bath daily, if he seems to like the water.
So is he eating a pretty good amount each time you feed him?

I hope he is improving for you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom