MBD and hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 4 yr old beardie that I rescued a while back. When I got him his owners only fed him once a week, and he ate a banana, did not believe in water bowls and he only had a regular house light for his tank. I've had him for about 3 years now but was wondering if anyone had some advice.

He has MBD and I managed to stop it from progressing but his front hands are swollen and stiff. They were like that when I got him and I was wondering if there is a way to reverse it?

For the record, he is NOT in pain, and he uses them to the best of his ability, I just want to try to make him the healthiest he can be.

His tank has proper UVB/UVA lighting with a heat lamp, he's an active eater, loves to climb and doesn't really have any problems now.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Can you share pictures? It sounds like it may be gout (another nutritonal/husbandry disease), other members on here might be able to help advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom