Maybe I am being nervous but please inform me

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyxbeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
is there anything i can do abut him eating cause he wont eat the crickets what else could i feed him and do i have to feed him live feed?

chewybd

for the reptisun pics
http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-fluorescent-bulbs/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.html

Allow it a few days to settle in as due to relocation stress, my baby took 4 days until it acted normal and ate, and that was without a uv light.

First priority is to get the basking area correct, usually just a cheap $2 light bulb from your supermarket (not an energy saver as it gives off little heat)
Secondly it will be fine without a uv light for like a week easily, just try to get one by then.

You can try handfeeding with tweezers if you are worried, but my baby started eating 4-5 crix a day for the first 4 days. Then it went to about 40-50 after i handfed the little bugger.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Babys044.jpg

This is what my babys viv looks like its only a 10gal because they are 7 weeks and small. You have the long tube UVB (Reptisun 10.0) then to the right of the top i have the basking light and the probe sits under the light so it tells me how hot it is where they are basking to make sure they dont get to hot. Babys need 105 to 110f to digest and grow. You can use a reg household bulb for the basking. We had to raise their basking area to get the temp we needed them to be so we got a ramp with suctioncups to it can be moved up or down depending on the basking temps. Easy thing to do is to move your basking area to one side of the tank and make what ever they are going to bask on higher use rocks cardboard tile wood to raise it up to one side.

Babys001.jpg

We are using for him 2 heat lights because his basking stays at 105 on his logs but at the cool end it was staying in the 70s since his tank is deep we added more heat to the left side to bring it up to 85f.(the dome to the left needs to be over more kids always forget to move it back :| ) We just got Zero so I have his UVB light on the way. I ordered all of mine from http://www.petmountain.com/product/...bs/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.html And went to a hardware store and picked up the fixture. Your baby should be ok with no UVB intill you can get one rather than using the coil.

Hope showing the pictures helped explain it.

MrT

they look like an ordinary florecent light tubes the only thing to rember is that is is a repti sun 10. and needs to be as long as your viv you will have to also buy as starter unit for it unless you already have one

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Bulb is about 20 to $30 and the fixture was $15 for a 18". So your looking at about 40 to 60 depending on the size you need.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
WEll actually the price of the bulb for repisun is $20 if ordered online, In my area thebulb itself is $35 in the local pet stores (the ones that actually carry it)

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Add shipping and handling and thats about what it costs for the bulb and a fixture from a hardware store.
20 for the bulb(online) and 13 shiping at least to where i live so $33 then the fixture was $15 at the hardware store so a total of $48 for the bulb+fixture 18". The biger the fixture bigger the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom