Mass in Mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
I have a post in the Beardie Rescue section about the little girl I rescued this morning. One of her biggest problems is that she has a large, round, purple mass in her mouth/throat area. It is over on one side rather than in the middle. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be? The vet won't be able to tell until she's healthy enough to be anaesthetized. I know that she suffered a jaw injury 6-8 months ago, that may or may not have been a broken jaw. Could this have somehow caused this mass? Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh gosh that is too bad. If she had a broken jaw or an injured jaw in the past, it most likely did not heal up very well. It might have caused an abscess of some sort, or a hematoma.
Did the jaw straighten up now?
How is she doing today? Make sure to start her out with lots of fluids & minimal protein. Make sure she has good urate ouptut first before you give too much protein.
I hope that her chewing is not being affected, have you noticed if it has been yet or not?
How large is the mass? Either way, it will definitely have to be checked out & probably taken out as well.
I hope that she is recovering nicely for you.

Tracie

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The jaw is slightly misaligned, but it could be a lot worse. I haven't seen her chew yet, and probably won't for a while. The mass is so big that there's no way she can eat solid food. She's on a liquid/soft diet until the vet can figure out what this thing is and if it's possible to remove it. I bought some butternut squash baby food that I'd like to give her - she hasn't eaten anything for several days, apparently. She's been drinking a lot of water and I think is starting to be better hydrated. I'm going to give her another soak and some more fluids, and maybe I'll offer a little bit of the baby food to see if she is interested. I really hope this thing is easily removable - it's going to be a tough go for her if it can't be taken out.

frog

Sub-Adult Member
I haven't the slightest clue as to what it could be but i hope she can get it removed :shock:

good luck with her :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom