Marty's mystery tour.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marty came to live with us about 6 weeks ago. My grown son has had his for 5 yrs and I enjoyed watching him grow with his Lizard. So when he came home for a visit, he and I went out and he helped me get all set up. A temp tank, lights and all the equipment, then the bringing home of Marty( named after Marty Mcfly from the 80's ). He was immediately showing signs of great energy and leaping ability!! I was vigilant with feeding and temps and prided myself on how great a caregiver I was ! Until one day I forgot to put the screen back on his tank, then proceeded to go out!! EEEEk! I come home a an hour and a half later to an empty tank and the patio door wide open 5 feet away! I was horrified and spent the next two days searching the house and the sundeck crying. My husband and son felt terrible for me , I felt terrible for Marty!! And guuiltyy!! How could i be so careless!! Terence(my son) kept trying to reassure me that Marty would just show up one day . Weeks went by , and I had given up. Although i still had all his equipment and still turned over furniture afraid of what I might find ! Then just this week as I was putting shoes in our front door closet, I see something odd sitting on a boot looking at me ? At first it didn't compute, and I was thinking " how did a toy dinosaur get here" What a dork!! Then it hit me like a freight train that I had found Marty, or more like he found me!!! He was very alert and healthy looking!! I scooped him up and proceeded to try and re assemble his tank without letting him go!! He had even grown in his time of freedom!! After a hefty snack of crickets and leaving me with the biggest bomb he ever has had, he has settled back in to his temp home! Soon he will have the enclosure of his dreams and will hopefully grow old with my husband and I :)

WOW! Thats awsome that he came and found you! I wonder where he was and what he did during his adventure...if only they could talk lol. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom