Madagascar has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltigre

new guy here. just getting into dragons. wanted one for quite some time now and hope to get it next week from our local pet store. their dragons are babies of the shop's adult dragon.

i was told at petsmart that Reptisand was the way to go but am now reading that not to be the case. so i will most likely be throwing that away (shakes head at wasting money). where does everyone get their tile? or should i go with the green carpet looking stuff?

my tank is a 20Gallon Long for now. i have a 29gallon tank that i can use. i plan to upgrade to at least a 40. but im trying to work with what i have for the time being.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Hello and welcome!

You can buy tile at hardware and home improvement stores. (Lowes, HOme Depot etc)

Yeah, sand isn't recommended for baby beardies. They tend to lick a lot and may become impacted by the sand.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:wave: Hello & Welcome to BD.org! :D

Tile works wonderfully! :D
But if your going to purchase a baby you may consider using paper towels for a while as they tend to poop several times a day. :wink:

Again Welcome Aboard! :blob8:

eltigre

Original Poster
thanks again.

i got some granite from work today and gonna put that down in a couple places and see how that works.

the one im getting was born May 22, 2008.

eltigre

Original Poster
well i got my dragon on monday and it sure has been fun watching the little guy run around. my cats are in love with watching it. we named him/her madagascar. my wife calls it Maddy for short. I do have sand as a substrate and it hasnt proven to be a problem. the dragon loves running in it and digging. he is about 6-7" tail to nose and loves his crickets. he also eats his greens on a regular basis as far as i can tell. ill try to get a picture up soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom