mad at myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

frog

Sub-Adult Member
it sounds like dubias would be a good food source to have if i establish a colony. and then i wouldnt have to worry about having to order feeders as much for my 3 leos and the beardie.

but im not sure. im worried they will stink, or be loud, or be hard to care for, or just gross me out too much (i can tolerate worms fine, but i freak out at beetles). i wish i wasnt, because i would like something to rely on.

can you guys give me some facts about dubias to help me make my mind up? are there any other easy to raise bugs other than dubias? i want to raise something, but im just not sure about the roaches :puke:

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
There are a lot of convincing threads on there about the pros of owning dubias. When I have the investment cash (hopefully really soon) I am starting a colony. Just do a search.

If it makes you feel any better, some don't refer to them as roaches. Considering that phoenix worms are nothing but maggots, I don't see anything wrong with that :)

frog

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
thats a good point about phoenix worms especially since i used to fed them. and besides, i haev feeder tongs. i dont really have to actually touch them.

thanks for teh link :D

oh, by the way, are there any other insects i could raise? (other than crickets) just in case i cant brng myself to do it?

frog

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
i saw pictures of them. i dont think i could handle it. especially the hissing roaches :puke:

I CANT BELIVE IM SO PATHETIC!!!!!!!

bigmac1

Juvie Member
dubia roaches is not the only species of roach you can get there is plenty more such as turks,lobsters, discoids and the dubias dont hiss cant climb and relatively slow. but if you get roaches which i have a colony of you wont waste money on feeders and you have feeders for all your animals.

augsburg1530

Juvie Member
If you're feeding crickets, you can do dubia. Dubia don't make noise, have almost no oder (unlike stinky crix) are meatier than crix, don't climb, and don't stink. Dubia are easy to raise and are excellent feeders. You can go to http://www.theroachguy.com to check out dubia and find loads of info about them.

Eric

frog

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
i usually use butterrworms or hornworms etc. but thats the problem i have to order more all the time.
i know they woud be a good food source but i really just dont like roaches.

are hornworms easy to raise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom