lump

Status
Not open for further replies.
does this lump look like a food lump. i dont think its impaction cause its not that hard feeling and it moves easy if touched i think its a cricket that he eat and i didnt see him eat it before i noticed. he still poops twice a day sometimes 3 and there normal looking not runny or anything and he still eats like crazy and runs around.
GetAttachment.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long has that been there?
Sometimes, their ribs/bones can protrude a little bit depending on the angle that they are sitting or standing. I don't know whether or not that is what it is, but I don't think that 1 cricket would appear as a lump like that, no.
Does it go away when he is in a different angle?

Tracie

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Tracie and Chellybean are right. A cricket will not make that type of lumpy look sitting in the intesinal tract or stomach. As Tracie mentioned, It could be the angle his sitting at that is showing a rib bone. It's very hard to tell from your pic, it's a little to fuzzy to get a good look at. Watch to see if it shows at different angles, like when he's standing or walking. If you can see it all the time, then I would recommend a vet visit. The vet can feel the area and decide if there is possibly a cyst or mass there and can do xrays or even ultrasound to get a visual of it. The vet may also choose to biopsy it and have it tested. It is very likely nothing to worry about, but, if you can see this all the time or it begins to get larger, the vet is the best route. Masses in beardies are generally not a good thing. Now, you said he's eating and pooping normally and active, but, be aware that when a beardie has a more serious illness, you often don't see signs of illness or changes in eating and behavior until the illness has gotten really bad. Watch him closely for a day or two, see if you can see the lump when he's in different positions, see if it appears bigger in any way. And if your still concerned, call a herp vet.
Good Luck.

ckyforever43

Original Poster
he must have ate something big or been impacted a little cause it seems to be gone and yea i only see it really good certain ways he is laying. i never see it when he is flat out while basking. he seems to be acting normal and pooping good. soo i think im just a little over worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom