Lump on the lower jaw... need some opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omen666

Hey guys,

I have a Female BD, about 3 1/2 years old. i have a 50 gal tank with a zoomed UV and basking lamp. Temps are good, she eats endives, crickets, goliath worms, romain letuce and other leafy greens u can possibly imagine that are available to me. yesterday night i was looking at her and notessed a lump growing under her jaw on the left side (looking at her).
I was trying to look it up on the net and i found 3 possible things : MBD, abessess or tumor.... Shes eating and looks okay behavior is normal and she not showing signes of pain when touching the bump. now i need some opinion
if someone ever seen this and lived thru this. I took some quick picks this morning to show u guys. Dont worry i know shes black on the beared she just woke up lol shes a lil grumpy in the morning!

Thanks
http://s1060.photobucket.com/albums/t450/omen668/

MissFirefly

Hatchling Member
I haven't experienced this personally but would suggest taking her to a vet so they can exam it and hopefully determine what it is/proper course of action. While it's great that it isn't affecting her now, left untreated it could possibly interfere with eating especially if it continues to grow.

Also, lettuce isn't recommended for dragons as it has next to no nutritional value so I would stick with the other leafy greens you mentioned and ditch the lettuce all together. Is the UVB a reptisun? If so, is it a tube or a coiled bulb?

Keep us posted on your girl!

tami

My ole'girl has the same thing. The vet said it could be a cyst, but do to her age 12 i made the choice to just leave it alone. Like your dragon she's eating fine and theres no abscess in the mouth. However in your case with your dragons age i would highly recommend a vet visit..

Omen666

Original Poster
Thanks for replying!
The UV is a tube light Zoomed Reti-sun 10.0. i know lettuce has no nutrion in it, im not feeding her that every day.
I should go to the vet A.S.A.P but im so broke lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom