Lump on his back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikeHazel

Original Poster
Hey thanks for the infor about my lil guy! We are going this weekend to get him a new "house" with the correct lighting and flooring. I am just sick that the pet stores I talked to about him while he was growing, said that the bulbs I had was all he needed. If I had known I would have changed it a long time ago! I will keep ya posted! thanks again, shelly

Sierra1167

Hatchling Member
I am glad that you are going to make the needed changes. I hope he recovers quickly. It should be against the law what some of these pet stores are telling people. What makes me sad and angry is that I know that for every beardie owner who gets the right info, there are tons of others who don't. They think they are doing the best for their pet and are hurt and confused when it ends badly. :banghead:

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Sierra1167":3pdtc2bg said:
I am glad that you are going to make the needed changes. I hope he recovers quickly. It should be against the law what some of these pet stores are telling people. What makes me sad and angry is that I know that for every beardie owner who gets the right info, there are tons of others who don't. They think they are doing the best for their pet and are hurt and confused when it ends badly. :banghead:

Amen

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Beardednoob":36lci4qk said:
Sierra1167":36lci4qk said:

Amen

Here here! I agree! My boyfriend and I were just talking about this very same thing today! We were also joking around saying "you should have to take a test before you get any kind of pet! See if you qualify to take care of one!" lol, but in some cases...maybe this wouldn't be a bad idea... >.>

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Let us know how things go on your shopping spree. I hope that he starts feeling better soon. If you have more questions, let us know!

Tracie

SpikeHazel

Original Poster
Looks like our lil guy is enjoying his new lighting! He is laying on his new flooring with a smile, too! Lol. We bought him the UVB bulb today and the lizard carpet! I am thinking I should leave him under this light nonstop for several weeks. Do you think this is a good idea since he's never had this type of lighting? I don't think it will hurt him, but....???

Mama2mc

Typically, they should have 12-14 hours a day with their lights on. I'm not sure if you can play "catch up"by leaving them on longer. He still needs proper rest.

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Mama2mc":3cvufj7t said:
Typically, they should have 12-14 hours a day with their lights on. I'm not sure if you can play "catch up"by leaving them on longer. He still needs proper rest.

Yes, he still needs "night time"

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
What type of UVB did you get? and what kind of calcium supplement do you have? I highly recommend getting the liquid calcium for him... I didn't read everyone's entire posts on here, so not sure if anyone mentioned it..

Drache sells it at her store:

http://www.bug-de-lite.com/Products%20Page.html

Maybe even get the Calci-blast, but Tracie can let you know if you should get that instead of just the normal liquid calcium...

SpikeHazel

Original Poster
We got the Zoo Med 5.0 cause the we went to 3 pet stores and no one had a 10.0. We also are giving him Rep Cal Calcium with VitD Ultrafine powder. His crickets are eating Flukers Calcium Fortified cricket quencher food. I am giving him a warm bath this evening cause I really think the Calcium sand substrate we had him in has caused a little "slow poopn". He went this morning and it was strictly a lump of hardened sand. We also have his cage at 105 degrees now. He seems happy basking on his new wood house too! lol Thanks!

SpikeHazel

Original Poster
He has been doing better even tho i havnt gottn the 10 bulb. I am still ordering it tho. He has pooped the last 2 days! Yeah! I did the water therapy again and he doesn't like it too well, but he did go while I was massaging his belly. He went again this morning in his territory. He is eating better too. I am still shuttn down his heat light at nite. We put his aquarium in a different place so I can attend to him several times a day. He likes being outside too, but it is so humid here I don't leave him out long. Its been 95 degrees with 110 humidity! EEEkKKK lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom