Lump in Back of Beardie's Mouth Where Jaws Connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylerdewitt313

Hello! I've read these forums but never created an account until now. My beardie Pedro has a white lump in the back of his mouth that I noticed while he was basking. He has a carpet type substrate, temp is 91 degrees on the basking side and 78 degrees on cool side. Humidity is about 32%. He's in a 55 gal tank. He has a Reptisun UVB tube and is only fed worms and roaches VERY SPARINGLY because he has a fatty liver. Otherwise, greens, veggies, and some fruits. His jaw was broken last year but we've already taken him to the vet about 4 times for treatment/aftercare. He had antibiotics and silver, and did very well! He isn't acting differently, but I wanted to check anyways. I can't get him to the vet immediately so I wanted to see if anyone could tell me if they'd seen this before. Thank you so much in advance!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear that he was able to recover from his broken jaw. That can be rough. I'm not sure what the white lump could be. Perhaps just a bit of gum tissue. Can you post some photos of the area you're concerned about? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

As far as temps go, are you measuring the ambient temperature, or the surface temps? 91 may be a bit high for ambient temp, but is low for surface temp in the basking area. I'm not sure that it has to do with your original question, just a side not to think about.

skylerdewitt313

Original Poster
CooperDragon":s3oq5cg4 said:
I'm glad to hear that he was able to recover from his broken jaw. That can be rough. I'm not sure what the white lump could be. Perhaps just a bit of gum tissue. Can you post some photos of the area you're concerned about? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

As far as temps go, are you measuring the ambient temperature, or the surface temps? 91 may be a bit high for ambient temp, but is low for surface temp in the basking area. I'm not sure that it has to do with your original question, just a side not to think about.

Thank you so much! My boyfriend and I were really stressed about the break but it was a very small piece and our vet said he looks all healed up. As far as the temps, it was the ambient temp so I can definitely make some adjustments! Thank you! I have a photo which I've turned the brightness up on and circled the lump. It's really hard to see because he shut his mouth almost completely when I went to take the photo, but you can kind of see it and you can also definitely see that it isn't on the other side of his mouth. It's back where his tonsils would be if he were a human. Thank you so much for your help!

110707-1757927337.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is kind of hard to see but think I can see a little bit of something. How long has it been
noticeable?
That is amazing he has come through such an injury & is doing well too. I am happy that he
pulled through for you, bless him.
I agree, it "could" be some built up skin/tissue or maybe scar tissue possibly?
Is he able to eat pretty normally as well?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom