Low on feeders/Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new baby bearded dragon, she’s about 10 inches along. She has a t50 10 repti sun, and a 100 watt heat lamp. Her basking spot reaches about 115 degrees.

I just ordered her more dubias, but they probably won’t be here until sometime next week.
She probably has less than 100 left. I do have black solider fly larvae, however she’s not too fond of those.

I do have an older bearded dragon, and he has food, but the size is much larger. The smallest is only smaller than her head by a little. I just fed her one, and she seemed to chew it with no issues. I also noticed that she didn’t try to eat it too fast. I’m going to keep an eye on her, and make sure it doesn’t cause any issues.

I just want to know if this is okay for a few days until her food arrives? My fear is that it will impact her.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Feed her the dubias she has now for herself -- and add the BSFL to her salads-- she should be eating salads - you can get some super worms to add to those salads as well -- she will be fine-- I would however lower the basking temps down to 110 or to 105-- 115 is too hot-- are you getting that temp w/ a digital probe thermometer?
Karrie

oliver21917

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2p6ui0m9 said:
Feed her the dubias she has now for herself -- and add the BSFL to her salads-- she should be eating salads - you can get some super worms to add to those salads as well -- she will be fine-- I would however lower the basking temps down to 110 or to 105-- 115 is too hot-- are you getting that temp w/ a digital probe thermometer?
Karrie

Yes, this is with a probe thermometer.

She’s still a baby, around four months old. I’m not comfortable giving her super worms.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would lower the basking temp to 110 at the hottest and just use the BSFL then for luring her to the salad bowl
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom