Lovin' Thor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, we have had our Breadie, Thor, for 3 weeks now and the famliy loves him to death. The kids say good-bye to him in the mornings and goodnight everynight. Son helps with the live feedings, the girls won't touch them. :lol: Anyways, he is about 6-7 months old, we haven't weighed him yet but will soon. He is 15" long, he's grown about an inch since we got him.

We were having some issues with his lighting, we had a 150w and the temps were at 130. We cut down his homemade basking area and then switched out the 150w for a 100w and temps are at 110-112. We also had some issues with him "throwing up" but we think that it had to do with the lighting. He hasn't thrown up in 4 days so fingers crossed that he has stopped.

Our kids think it is weird that when Thor is basking he is a dark colour, black/grayish. But when we let him out for some excersize that he goes red/orangish. Not sure why that is. Here are some pictures of his redecorated viv and Thor himself.

Dragon15.jpg

75g long turtle tank converted to Thor's home.

Dragon16.jpg

Here is his cool side. It even has a hiding tunnel for him. The crickets love it more than him.

Dragon17.jpg

And here is Thor himself on his new homemade basking area. The ramp side is for when he is to lazy to climb the stairs. He is constently on it. He even sleeps on it. I will try to get a picture of him sleeping on it soon.

This site has helped us with a few things about our beardie and we have learned good things too. I check out this site atleast once a day. Keep up the great work everyone.

NavyxWife

Hatchling Member
Wow, your set up is amazing. I wish mine was that cool ): haha

As for the throwing up, I've never seen a beardie throw up unless it was from internal injuries but when that happens, it's usually blood. (Don't worry, my beardies have never had injuries, my rescues have.)
So I can't personally give you an explanation for that so hopefully someone else can. If not, I would recommend taking her to the vet.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
great set up and i love basking area ramp thing. My beardie threw up once which was due to overeating and not digesting her crickets properly. That was a month or so ago and she's been fine since.

smokinall4s

Original Poster
Thor is doing great now. He hasn't thrown up in a few weeks. It looks like it was probably over eating that day. He is enjoying his viv and we try to get him out each day to roam around. Thank you for the compliments on our viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom