Louie the bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
decided id make a thread so i can share my beautiful girl.

Mabel came home with me November 13 2018
102094-2234621812.jpg
she was 6 in. the store couldnt tell me her age, but i guessed she was around 2 months or less.
i have only had her about a month, but its been great.
102094-1028074841.jpg
102094-125169200.jpg
102094-8652638453.jpg

she started out in my old 55 gallon aquarium but i decided to get her a Exo Terra 40 gallon with doors that open in the front, i like the design a lot better. its much more convienient. now i just need to find the money to buy her some extras for her cage.
102094-4313758244.jpg

this was about 2 days ago, shes getting big, she is now 11 in and weighs 73 grams.
102094-8606921802.jpg

and this is her right now, December 19 2018, laying on her hammock with her grumpy face because shes shedding lol
102094-4053306836.jpg

BeardedMabel

Original Poster
i feel bad for treating him so feminine this whole time, isnt that silly? i know he doesnt know the difference haha. i decided im going to call him louie for now on, mabel is too girly.
102094-3929035710.jpg

LOUIE THE BEARDED DRAGON (;

BeardedMabel

Original Poster
i got lewie some edible plants for his tank because they happened to have them at the grocery and i thought he might like them.
102094-7272473294.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your going to want to get her back into a bigger tank - she will out grow that 40 gallon you have her in- and the UVB is it on top of the screen? It should be inside the tank approx 6-12 from where she sits w/ the reflector off the bulb- other wise it looks like a nice set up for her

Karrie

BeardedMabel

Original Poster
ill probably end up upgrading, he doesnt even use the space he has right now but we’ll see. hes only 5 months old. and yes, i have the light on the screen, its a reptisun 10.0 T5 36” so its across the entire tank. his favorite basking spot is a bit closer then 6 inches from the light, i think its fine, its a T5.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Mabel is a gorgeous Beardie! and looks very happy with you. :D But It does seem that Mabel is actually a boy.. Perhaps he's now a Dipper instead? :lol: Either way he's still a gorgeous Beardie. :)

Foxxy76

What about Stanford Or Bill? Or Bipper! Lol. Love that show! The puppet show ending was my favorite scene though. The face Gabe makes is priceless.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
lol indeed!

BeardedMabel

Original Poster
does his growth seem healthy? was expecting him to gain more length by now. hes about 5 months old
102094-856292178.jpg
hes got a nice big belly tho
102094-1679318599.jpg
oh and two of the plants i bought him just ended up dying so that was a fail!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
He looks excellent for five months old! Very large for five months since My youngest beardie is six months old on the ninth. and He's still super small at around 11" and 60 grams.... Hopefully he'll have a growth spurt soon. :shock: if not, crap what am I doing wrong. :shock: View media item 60555
But Yes Mabel/Dipper/Louie Looks very healthy for his age and size! :D

BeardedMabel

Original Poster
he has a very nice color! handsome.
louie eats a lot, does yours? he was starting to slow down but hes back to being a pig. he loves his worms.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
He normally eats a crap ton every day, the only problem is we ran out of dubias so I've been having to limp it along with him with greens until I can order another 1000 dubias, so that's been a bit annoying.

He is very active, loves running around everywhere, always eager to bask and hang out, He's just a bit tiny for his age I think, seeing how he's six months old on the ninth and still 11" and 55 grams.. But he already has shown great signs of growth ever since we got him. View media item 60878 This was the little squirt the day we got him at two months old. View media item 60789 and this was him last week at five and a half months old.

Hopefully he's just a slow grower.... ?

That's good that Louie eats a ton. :)

BeardedMabel

Original Poster
im hoping louie will get pretty big.

anybody ever used this before? its flavored strawberrys and bananas, thought it was interesting so i got it for him earlier today.
102094-924568694.jpg

look at him eyein his bugs, ha.

Foxxy76

That looks neat! I've never seen cal powder flavored! My dragon hates his fruit though..Let us know how he likes it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom