LOST MY BEARDIE! NEED HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanwhite13

A couple weeks ago I got my first beardie, Pasta. Yesterday, he was sitting with me in my bedroom, on my shoulder. He then crawled down onto the floor and ran off into the corner of the room. I saw him continue to walk around. A few minutes later, I decided to put him back in his enclosure for the night, only to find (well, not find) that he was missing. I shut off all the doorways leaving the bedroom and searched even harder, still to no avail. I decided to look in the hallway outside my bedroom, and all I saw was my cat, who is ferocious as they get, just sitting there. I worried that my cat might have hurt or even killed Pasta, but Pasta had never gone underneath the door before. We put out a camera, a basking bulb, and his favorite basking spot in my bedroom, but still no sign. Please help.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If he's encountered the cat , he's likely been attacked.

Hope he's found a little nook somewhere in the bedroom and is fine. I'd be banishing the cat into a cat cage or the bathroom or laundry or the shed until you either find his corpse or he shows up alive (and hopefully uninjured) and the cat must never be allowed out when he's out and must never be allowed even in the same room (even if he's in his tank).

Cats and dragons will never be friends and it only takes a second and a scratch or a bite from a cat to kill a lizard (very nasty viruses and bacteria on their claws and teeth).

Check the curtains if they touch the floor, under the bed (careful moving it as it's very easy to squash or crush a little hatchling), behind other items (desks, bedside chests, etc).

evanwhite13

Original Poster
Thank you so much! You were right about the curtains, he was hanging out on the other side of one of them, basking. I can not thank you enough for your advice, and I am so thankful the cat didn't get him. I will make sure to keep them separated in the future. Thanks again!!

Titus

Well, I would have said that the cat is little to no worry if he was an adult, if you know it well enough. All of my cats are well-intergrated and know they get squirted with a waterbottle if they even sniff him. Anyways, he's most likely hidden somewhere.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
evanwhite13":1f7xy0t1 said:
Thank you so much! You were right about the curtains, he was hanging out on the other side of one of them, basking. I can not thank you enough for your advice, and I am so thankful the cat didn't get him. I will make sure to keep them separated in the future. Thanks again!!

:) love a happy ending ....

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Titus":32mcnwl5 said:
Well, I would have said that the cat is little to no worry if he was an adult, if you know it well enough. All of my cats are well-intergrated and know they get squirted with a waterbottle if they even sniff him. Anyways, he's most likely hidden somewhere.

Not so.... I remember when I was kid , my mom's cat often bringing home a full grown bluetongue skink or a carpet python , or grass dove, or even a cockatoo , galah and kookaburra (these are all big animals) and I've seen next door's cat take a possum out of a tree (the possum is as big as the cat).

The cat is perfectly capable of killing an adult bearded dragon. And it only takes an instant for a cat to bite or slash out at a lizard and blind it or scratch it .... all it takes is a scratch and you can loose the lizard to a nasty very difficult to treat systemic infection. I speak from hard experience here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom