Lost my beardie Dexter outside. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lidport

Hi
I've been following this blog since I got my beardie and it has helped tremendously. And once again I turn to this place for tips on how to find my little friend. I live in Boise Idaho and the current temps are hot! Around high 80s to 104 and high 60s at night. The day I lost him I let him roam around the house then moved him to his favorite sunny spot on the sofa in the house and couple hours around noon put him outside. I still kick myself for not putting on his harness. Well anyways I stepped back inside and forgot about him for like an hour. When I went outside he wasn't where I left him so I went to the bush where he usually climbs up on, he never climbs high and he just lays there on a branch. Well he wasn't there. That's when I looked around all of the back yard. Couldn't find him. Looked around again but this time turning the whole backyard and side yard inside out. Still nothing. I have caught going through this hole in the gate to the neighbors front yard so I looked there. Nothing. While looking for him I also discovered another hole under the fence that leads to the same front yard. I looked again and nothing. I've looked high and low. I don't know what to do. The neighbors have lots of rocks and nice sunbathing places but also lots of places where there's shade. There are also a lot of shady places in my side and back yard. I feel horrible as technically he's my sons but he is 10 and not really responsible so he's become my little buddy. I miss him so much. Anyone have tips on how to find him or what I can do? I have a tub with crickets outside on the deck hoping he'll hear them and show up. I also leave the porch light on at night. I put fliers up in my neighborhood and slipped missing flyers in people's mailboxes. Any tips would help a lot. Thanks guys.
He's been lost since last Friday noon June 30.
89448-3363978788.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I'd continue to check under bushes, under the house if it's accessable to him, and hope he is simply curled up and hiding somewhere in your yard.
Don't forget to check thoroughly under the car and around the wheels / arches and if the car was accessible even around the engine. (hope he hasn't stowed away under the car when it when anywhere and then fell or climbed out - he'll be hopelessly lost if this happened (been 4 days).

Becomes a harder problem if he could have slipped under a fence or gate.

You've ask your neighbours if might have wondered or got a fright and wound up in one of their yards to keep an eye out for him and just hope he hasn't been found by a cat or dog or local wild predator or stolen from your yard.

Since no corpse has been found - that's at good sign , unless an animal dragged him off to eat him.

At least it's warm so you stand a chance he's still alive and just confused and lost.

He's a nice beardie . Where are you located ?
If we know your town, we can direct you reptile rescue (someone may have found him and called them).

Hope you can find him , if you do , let this be an object lesson to you to never ever let your pet lizard outside without being in a harness and on a leash and under very strict and close supervision, you simply can not leave your pet beardie to his own devices in the backyard or anywhere outside.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom