LOST BEARDIE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saryuu

HELP! IDK WHAT DO IM FREAKING OUT! so I was cleaning my Embers cage and i put him in a box and didnt thinkg anything of it and now i cant find him. ive looked in my parents room, the living room and the kitchen idk where he could of gone and hes only 6 weeks old. and im hoping he didnt get outside. ive already lost one beardie i dont wanna loose this one too. idk where else to look i dont think he could have gotten upstairs but idk. :cry:

disturb3d0n3

Juvie Member
Oh no!

First do you have any cats or any other animals loose that could be predatory? Also check for sticky traps or mouse traps. He's more than likely very close to where you left him. Don't just look on the floor look higher as they like to climb. Eventually he will get cold so you can always try to set a (safe ) designated area with a hide, a food dish with worms and a heat lamp to see if that attracts him. Also check window sills or any floor area where the sun is shining. Heat vents etc.. Here's to hoping you find him soon!

I always put Darnerys in her bath with my gf babysitting while I clean her cage.

Hopefully someone else can chime in as well.

Saryuu

Original Poster
yeah i have cats, but they dont bother him and the box i had him in was on the couch. ive torn the couch apart. i just got him a week ago so he really hasnt eat any worms. im fearing he got outside- our one door doesnt like to close... i havnt looked upstairs.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Oh my!! I'm so sorry!! I hope you find him soon! I have heard about people losing their beardies for long periods of time...I hope he shows up soon! Please keep us updated!

Remember...he can probably get anywhere...so I'd make sure to look up high and low...anywhere warm, possibly? I've never lost a beardie...just had my true fire skink escape once and it was HORRIBLE. I understand how you feel and I'm just so sorry!

Saryuu

Original Poster
we heat our house with wood, so i guess i could put his heat lamp in a spot and see if he comes out and wait till my dad comes home.

dragonscales

Hatchling Member
Have you checked under the couch or entertainment center? My Ember Rose likes to go into dark hard to reach corners. I really hope you find the little guy.

Saryuu

Original Poster
mhm we dont have an entertainment center our tv is too squar, ive flipped the couch upside down ive looked under the legs of our desk. i havnt looked in the closet. i cant even think of where he'd go if he got outside..

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
I'm sorry Ember isn't back yet. I have a friend here who lost hers for...maybe a week?! Just sending you positive thoughts. Continue to update us.

Saryuu

Original Poster
yeah id loose sleepXD and im keeping an eye out and waiting for my dad to come home so he can help. until then all i can do is wait and pray he's inside.

dylanravenj

Sub-Adult Member
check in any tight corners and any dark spaces. Many dragons simply find somewhere cozy to sleep when they get loose. Hope that you find him!

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
I agree! Anytime I've read about beardies lost and found, they found a cozy place to curl up and sleep. I'll be thinking of you!!!

Saryuu

Original Poster
still havnt found EMber, my mom is laughing at me but we're looking. Dad is thinking of leaving his heat light and others on so he can find it. A part of me is still fearing he's outside. I'll keep you all updated.

Saryuu

Original Poster
We have turn all the shoes upside down and stuff looking. I know that I should fear the worst or that he's outside but the way our side door is it's hard telling. So I will put his hid thing down, heat the corn bag I use for him an his heat lamp some place to lure him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom