Lost Beardie Outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Whew!!! I kept reading and after you got him back and were going to put him outside in a glass tank with a lid I just knew how this was going to end,,,and it wasn't going to be good!! Thank God you havent put him out in the glass tank. There was someone in a facebook group that put their dragon outside in a plastic tote,,and the dragon over heated and died. It was in Arizona and it was 103 degrees...but still...if you are going to put him outside,,,I would suggest a harness and never turn your back. So glad this has a happy ending!!!

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
i just thought i would let you all know that i have been following this from the first day and i am soooo amazed at how lucky some of you get! Just today my mom showed me a post on facebook from a town 2 hours away and it said something like "is anyone missing a bearded dragon? Found one on the corner of south and third." the owners had thought Dunkin was lost forever and went out and bought a new beardie and then were happily reunited with Dunkin and Dunkin was introduced to the new addition to the family! Some people really have the best of luck!

I absolutely agree. Sometimes, I think that beardies have more lives than some cats I've known. I guess the fact that they've survived in the Australian outback forever works in their favor!

Feline

Original Poster
Kcarello,
Yah I'm glad I didn't put him in a glass tank!!! Usually he hangs out on my chest when I'm outside or we sit together in the ABO tent outside. When I cannot tolerate the heat is when I bring him inside with me. I'm so sorry to hear about the dragon that passed away in a plastic tote. :( I bet that was a tough lesson learned. Thank you for your advices!!!

LaDragonEcho,
That's a pretty sweet ending to the story. I was afraid that if someone found my Beardie that they would end up keeping him but thank goodness he found his way home. He travels with me back and forth so it's not like he has stayed in one area long enough to call anything home. When Beardies are lost and found, I think the owners are lucky but the Beardies are even luckier to be reunited with their owners again. Bad things can happen to Beardies when they go missing. Thanks for sharing your story.

Beastiesmommy,
I was gonna say the same thing!!!! :mrgreen:

I finally figured out how to post pictures. Here are some pictures of Drexel and his Greek Tortoise buddies feasting on a bed of mixed greens.

null_zps2e6e99d1.jpg

null_zps283a8520.jpg

null_zpsf1398a4d.jpg

null_zpsbc6fbe64.jpg

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Aw Drexel is so cute I love his shade of yellow I am so happy you were able to find him. Please keep posting pictures of them.

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
I love the idea of the tortoises!! do they all get along well! does he ever black beard them like he would with male beardies? I guess if not it would be smart for people who want their beardies to have a pal they can bond with then they should get a tortoise or something like that so that they wont fight!!!

With posts like that how has that account made it to 50 posts. lol

This was a pretty cool story, I would be devastated if I lost my beardie.

Feline

Original Poster
Oki05":293udgvw said:
Aw Drexel is so cute I love his shade of yellow I am so happy you were able to find him. Please keep posting pictures of them.
Thank you Oki05!!! He is a pretty handsome lizard isn't he?!?! :mrgreen: I want to get him a lady friend but I'm not into the whole breeding thing. I think he likes being the only Beardie because he gets all the attention. I am not sure if he will get along with another male Beardie so for now he will be a loner.
beastiesmommy":293udgvw said:
The look on his face in the last pic..."where are my superworm croutons???"
Hahaha!!! That is hilarious!!! He will hold out and not eat his veggies for a couple of days until he realizes that I'm not going to give him bugs, then he will graze on his veggies. Stubborn little fella I must say.
LaDragonEcho":293udgvw said:
I love the idea of the tortoises!! do they all get along well! does he ever black beard them like he would with male beardies? I guess if not it would be smart for people who want their beardies to have a pal they can bond with then they should get a tortoise or something like that so that they wont fight!!!
I got the two Greek tortoises in 2006, way before I got my Beardie. The tortoises don't seem to care about anything else around them (be it dogs, cats, lizards, kids) so they don't mind the Beardie. My Beardie uses the tortoises as rocks so he can perch on them to get a better view of his surroundings so he doesn't seem to mind the moving rocks either. It helps to have the tortoises because they eat whatever greens the Beardie doesn't finish because they eat a lot of greens everyday. And I purchase them organic vegetables so I would hate to waste any unconsumed greens.

MuhNamesTyler":293udgvw said:
With posts like that how has that account made it to 50 posts. lol

This was a pretty cool story, I would be devastated if I lost my beardie.
I thought you were referring to my post count because I don't see the spammer. :mrgreen:
I was sure I would never see my Beardie again but hope and a lot of praying brought him back to me. Now I will do my best to never lose sight of him. I'm watching him like a hawk. :mrgreen:

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
This is about the tortoise pic.
Tortoise 1: Why does he have to sit on me today?
Tortoise 2: We flipped a tomato. Top, you get him. Bottom, I don't.
Drexel: Hey! Stop moving! I'm trying to look, rock.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Brandonforty2":2r4q9i45 said:
This is about the tortoise pic.
Tortoise 1: Why does he have to sit on me today?
Tortoise 2: We flipped a tomato. Top, you get him. Bottom, I don't.
Drexel: Hey! Stop moving! I'm trying to look, rock.

:lol: That's good! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom