Lost and Found a tale of 3 dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need advice; possible bearded dragon crisis. Got my bearded dragon "Dino" right before covid hit.  Bonded with him very quickly. He was a very chill dragon and never moved quickly. So, jump ahead May 18th 2021 he disappears. We thought he leaped off the balcony of our 2nd floor apartment and ran off into the woods. We searched inside and out for 3 weeks with no success. Heartbroken we ran out and bought not 1 but 2 new babies. Boy and girl. These 2 very active. We separated them and overall they were pretty good together. Ivan and Nessie. Jump ahead to yesterday September 10th my stepdaughter opens her bedroom door and Dino our lost dragon was sitting on the floor in the living room. My step daughter dropped to her knees in shock as she realized who this was. He had found an opening under the kitchen cabinets and managed to crawl over the baseboard and into darkness for almost 4 months. Needless to to say we're still in complete shock and disbelief. He was obviously brumating. So, now we have 3 dragons who we are completely bonded to and he is not happy with the newest members of the family. We can't bear to surrender any of them but we're concerned about their happiness and not being stressed. We're getting another terrarium but will they always sense one another. Can we slowly try to introduce them together? Any advice would be great!!

So, now it's September 12th and we are keeping them completely separate but Dino is still black in the beard and bobbing his head a lot. He seems stressed.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Dino needs to NOT see the other dragons --- in fact NONE of them should be able to see one another - it will stress them all out ---

DinoDaddy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2o06obqa said:
Dino needs to NOT see the other dragons --- in fact NONE of them should be able to see one another - it will stress them all out ---
KarrieRee

Thank you for your reply. I am keeping them in separate rooms in separate enclosures and I will keep them apart. I was/am concerned that I might have to make the difficult decision to give up the babies if Dino and the babies are always stressed even being kept apart. I'm trying to learn if they can still sense/smell one another even though they are apart? Dino has calmed down with the head bobbing and stomping his feet. His beard is also not super black anymore. So, hopefully they will no longer be stressed, I will continue to watch and monitor their moods. Thanks again. Jim

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Jim, it's a complicated situation with the new babies but I'm sure that you're glad that you found Dino . :) It's amazing that they can sleep so long and wake up on their own but it is natural, mine do it every year. It's also normal for Dino to be black -bearded and bobbing right after brumation. To him it's breeding time and his instincts are strong. There's no reason you can't keep 3 dragons but they will always need to be separated. Please update on how you deal with things and how it all goes !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom