Loose stool hit or miss?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys my Amber has been having loose stool so I cut out the butternut squash I was wondering if I should withhold greens for a few days.

She loves her greens and will eat it throughout the day (2 times a day) she is in full mating mode now with the bobbing and waving with both arms (no males around). I'm not sure if I should be alarmed or not over the loose stool she will poop once and it'll be big then another day it'll be small and twice a day.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys my Amber has been having loose stool so I cut out the butternut squash I was wondering if I should withhold greens for a few days.

She loves her greens and will eat it throughout the day (2 times a day) she is in full mating mode now with the bobbing and waving with both arms (no males around). I'm not sure if I should be alarmed or not over the loose stool she will poop once and it'll be big then another day it'll be small and twice a day.
No keep feeding her the greens - could be hormones causing the runny stools- did you try some raw shredded sweet potato?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
No keep feeding her the greens - could be hormones causing the runny stools- did you try some raw shredded sweet potato?
I haven't no I been giving both beardies greens with butternut squash they love the squash. But I just fed them again and gave them sweet potato though I heard sweet potato was ok a few times a month.

It could be hormones Amber is very submissive and waves and bobs which she hasn't done much since she had her eggs.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I do think the hormonal levels could definitely throw the body off. How much sweet potato do you
give? I wouldn't stop giving the greens. Do you add water onto the greens at all?

Tracie

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hello,

I do think the hormonal levels could definitely throw the body off. How much sweet potato do you
give? I wouldn't stop giving the greens. Do you add water onto the greens at all?

Tracie
I shave butternut squash and sweet potato with a potato peeler and then cut them and place them on the top and/or mix it into their salads. I found they respond better to shavings than if I cut them into cube form. I also chop the greens/veggies and rinse them under warm water then squeeze the water as much as possible.

It's may sound weird but I have noticed my 2 beardies have gas especially my Amber (the beardie this post is about). Though I was told that is something normal so I haven't given it much thought though I am curious what's causing it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I shave butternut squash and sweet potato with a potato peeler and then cut them and place them on the top and/or mix it into their salads. I found they respond better to shavings than if I cut them into cube form. I also chop the greens/veggies and rinse them under warm water then squeeze the water as much as possible.

It's may sound weird but I have noticed my 2 beardies have gas especially my Amber (the beardie this post is about). Though I was told that is something normal so I haven't given it much thought though I am curious what's causing it.
Does she have gas when pooping or just passing gas?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Does she have gas when pooping or just passing gas?
Nope just pooping though it's 50/50 if I give her a warm bath and she poops it's the only time you notice it really.

There has been times when she has had loose stool and she poops and gets gassy. I feel bad because it seems like whenever she has a clutch she always has this loose stool that comes and goes.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Nope just pooping though it's 50/50 if I give her a warm bath and she poops it's the only time you notice it really.

There has been times when she has had loose stool and she poops and gets gassy. I feel bad because it seems like whenever she has a clutch she always has this loose stool that comes and goes.
Yep so it sounds fine--- mine do the same thing once in awhile --

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
@KarrieRee this is her latest stool both in her enclosure and during her bath both beardies have been without bugs for about 5 days so I gave them bugs today

Attachments

• IMG_20230730_162930.jpg
    IMG_20230730_162930.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20230730_164003.jpg
    IMG_20230730_164003.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 43

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Am I seeing undigested bugs? And this is from two different dragons?
Both pics are of Amber literally minutes apart from each other and it could be undigested bugs I'm not sure like I said neither beardie had bugs in 5 days just greens/veggies.

This is Amber she is shedding hardcore right now

Attachments

• IMG_20230730_131055.jpg
    IMG_20230730_131055.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20230730_131050.jpg
    IMG_20230730_131050.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20230725_143722.jpg
    IMG_20230725_143722.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 46

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom