Loose Stool, Diet Change

Roberts926

Hello all! I’ve recently (last 4 months) changed my beardies diet to mainly veggies instead of BSFL. His stool has been extremely watery since the change. At first I figured it was because of the diet change but it’s still going on. He’s getting mainly romaine, kale, carrots, cucumber, zucchini. Not always all of that, but a mix of some of those items. Can someone tell me what the problem is? He seems healthy otherwise. Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello all! I’ve recently (last 4 months) changed my beardies diet to mainly veggies instead of BSFL. His stool has been extremely watery since the change. At first I figured it was because of the diet change but it’s still going on. He’s getting mainly romaine, kale, carrots, cucumber, zucchini. Not always all of that, but a mix of some of those items. Can someone tell me what the problem is? He seems healthy otherwise. Thank you!
Too many veggies w/ high water - cucumbers carrots- try feeding some raw shredded sweet potato see if that firms it up

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you giving much protein? They should eat a good amount of vegetation but as mentioned, too
much vegetation higher in water content will definitely contribute to a looser stool like that.
He still needs protein/insects so try to balance it out a bit more.

Tracie

Roberts926

Original Poster
Hello,

Are you giving much protein? They should eat a good amount of vegetation but as mentioned, too
much vegetation higher in water content will definitely contribute to a looser stool like that.
He still needs protein/insects so try to balance it out a bit more.

Tracie
I will do that…thank you so much!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom