Loose skin ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0ker

He looks a mllion times better!

im glad the sand is gone!
i really recomend tiles
i have slate tiles (nothing holding them down)
i can just pop them out as needed for cleaning plus they keep the nails filled nicely
and you can get them for a reasonable price at many hardware stores in many colors and styles
my recomendation

again sandy looks a million times better im so happy sandy has such a good home now! :blob5:

forum1983

Hatchling Member
LoLo1010":3r8fadkz said:
UPDATE
I have just spent £110 that I didn't have. The wonders of plastic, :shock:
The sand has been removed and replaced with newspapers. He now has a ceramic heat emitter and a Reptisun 10.0 tube. Plus a few boxes of grubs and crickets.
I need some more greenery just to make things a bit more interesting for him but everything looks so much brighter, cheerier and cleaner for him. The temperature before the change was 30c max. When I had the red heat lamp and the ceramic heat emitter on it went to about 42c. I turned off the red lamp and the temp is sitting at 37c. When I turn his UVB light off at night should I turn the red heat lamp back on? Someone said that it could disrupt his sleep.

Sandy has started showing some odd behaviour. He was sleeping in his hot spot when he jumped up suddenly and started to stamp his feet and looking round him in a manic sort of way. He then took off like a bat out of hell and sat on his branch and bobbed his head up and down for a couple of minutes. I haven't seen him move so fast since I got him. Is this due to the new light set up etc. He's now sitting looking all snobby.

You guys have been a great help and it's much appreciated. Thank you from me and Sandy.

The head bobbing is a sign of dominance or being territorial, they can even turn their beard black or puff their beard up like a blowfish. He may be seeing his own reflection in the glass and thinks it is another bearded dragon. When I let mine run around my room he dances back and forth in front of the closet mirror and a little while later he will start bobbing his head and puffing up. Nothing to worry about, usually. Oh and by the way, great job on everything, it must be hard to take responsibility for an animal that was dropped off on you like that when you are out of work. I myself have been out of work for almost 3 years and I would never dump my beardie, I would always find a way to make it work.

LoLo1010

Original Poster
Sandy is alot more active now, must be the lighting and his new, clean pad. He still isn't eating much but he may just be pacing himself if he hasn't been fed enough in the past. Don't want him to explode.
I put a mirror in for him to play with, it was quite funny. He puffed up a little then started to do some crazy dancing. He came charging out of his house and ran up my arm. I put him back in house, he had another go at the mirror then ran round the back of his log and started to peek out from behind it. He's either a scardy cat or he is playing peek-a-boo with himself, lol.
Word must be out that I'm a sucker for taking in animals. I love all critters and would never turn them away. I've had Cats, Rabbits, Hamsters, Hares, Giant Millepedes and a couple of snakes. Most of them were choosen by me to come and live here so I was prepared for them but this is my first Beardie and I hope he's happy. I would feed them all before I fed myself.

Thanks again folks.

LoLo1010

Original Poster
Update on Sandy
Sandy is eating loads more and has gained 21g (was 407g. now 429g). Every morning, when I put his light on, he knocks on the glass to get out. Once out he runs pretty much everywhere and gets into everything. I've found him sleeping in cupboards, boxes and paper bags. He still loves having his baths and showers. Plenty of poop action. He rarely puffs his beard out, not even at the cats. So all seems to be well with Sandy. Happy days :D

Sounds like you're doing an excellent job! I'm so happy to hear he's doing so much better! He sounds like a mischievous little guy. Isis is just a spaz when I let her out. haha She'll run around like crazy then just sit in a window against the glass as if she's in a giant glass tank instead of her little one. Maybe I should lay out some paper bags to see if she'll play in them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
My name is Faith
Top Bottom