Looking for a reliable light timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vianeth

I bought a cheap (under $10) timer from Rite Aid but the dial doesn't turn automatically throughout the day, it just stays in one spot.
I looked around online and some of the Zilla timers are expensive and have bad reviews, either their timers won't activate or it just doesn't work.
Can anyone recommend a reliable/working light timer for my Beardie?

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
You know I tried both the digital zilla linked above and also the dial ones that they sell and had huge problems with both of them, mostly with the lights not keeping time or not turning off even when the screen clearly says OFF >.< I ended buying a couple of these http://www.amazon.com/Westek-TM01DHB-Daily-Timer-White/dp/B002QB1AZA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hi_4 one with one outlet and one with 2 outlets, which worked perfectly with my 2 girls whose tanks are close to each other. I have had 0 problems with these.

My digital zilla did actually work for awhile, I was so disappointed when it started going all wonky. Definitely hang on to that receipt!

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
I bought a bunch of Digital timers from the Dollar Store years ago for $3.00 each and have used them on all our fish tanks and reptile enclosures and have never had an issue whatsoever with any of them.

I have been struggling with this too - there is one big difference with the Zilla and the one posted from Lowe's - the Zilla has 2 day and 2 night timed outlets. The 4 timed outlets on the Lowe's one cannot be set individually. Lesson learned the hard way!

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
newdragonmom23":1e287bnc said:
I have been struggling with this too - there is one big difference with the Zilla and the one posted from Lowe's - the Zilla has 2 day and 2 night timed outlets. The 4 timed outlets on the Lowe's one cannot be set individually. Lesson learned the hard way!

Ah, that's a good point. I don't have any problems with my night-time temps in the room with my viv, so I never had any need for the night time outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom