looking for a new 40 gallon viv please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawtii

so ive been searching for a viv online but ive been having trouble. i want too search for a viv online befor i check the stores so could yall please tell me where yall bought yalls vivs and if yall got the online give me the website and if you bought them in the store the tel me the name of the storee

please and thank you :)

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Trying to find a viv online at a reasonable price is almost impossible.. That's why I built my own... Materials cost about $140 and it will last me the life of the beardie.. It's 4x2x2

photo3-4.jpg

Here's a pic just if u wanted to look :D

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Craigslist

There are always tons of tanks of different sizes listed. If you're not in a huge hurry, you'll come across a 40g breeder or a 55g for under $50 eventually, especially if you're willing to drive. I see them that cheap or cheaper every now and then, and usually you can find one in the $75 range, which is still way cheaper than buying new at a pet store. I live in a very rural area, so I have about a 50-70 mile range I'm willing to drive to pick up. For me, a 100 mile round trip costs me 4 gallons of gas, which is less than $12. So, a $50 tank plus $12 gas = still way cheaper than pet store.

jon21388

Juvie Member
pet shop up here in maine sells 40g used breeders for 25$, I've been picking one up every other week pretty much and selling them for a profit on criagslists.

FosterMom

LovetheBeardie":2a98pc2m said:
Trying to find a viv online at a reasonable price is almost impossible.. That's why I built my own... Materials cost about $140 and it will last me the life of the beardie.. It's 4x2x2

photo3-4.jpg

Here's a pic just if u wanted to look :D

Wonderful viv!! Can you send me instructions for how you made it? I would like to have one made and this would help get us started!
thanks,
FosterMom

Just recently replaced my 40 breader tank with a 36x18x18 Exo-Terra

pPETS-7475542t400.jpg

Makes it so much easier to live with my Beardie.

Alas the hinges are plastic and I can't envision this lasting more than 2+ years. I may do a full review later.

jon21388

Juvie Member
william212":1s3zo61r said:
Just recently replaced my 40 breader tank with a 36x18x18 Exo-Terra

pPETS-7475542t400.jpg

Makes it so much easier to live with my Beardie.

Alas the hinges are plastic and I can't envision this lasting more than 2+ years. I may do a full review later.

Where and for how much did you pick that up for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom