Looking for a future beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

JettiSpaghetti

Hello everyone!

I used to be fairly prevalent on this page some years ago but my life has changed drastically since then. I’m moving to a new house soon and have decided that I want another bearded dragon around next fall. I’m looking for reputable dragon breeders. Specifically for a leatherback. Surely someone here knows who I should reach out to.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
We are in the same boat! When I got pregnant with my first child we decided to rehome ours with a friend.. Now that my little boy is 3 we want to get another one... I’ve found FairyTale Dragons on Facebook & they come highly recommended and the owner is super sweet & helpful! Good Luck!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Fairy tail is great, also Kids+ dragons, Rainbow b.d's, Dachiu dragons and Draggintails. All have beautiful dragons and all are very long time breeders except for kids + dragons, I'm not sure how long they've been breeding.

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
Phantom Dragons, Gateway Dragons, OgleRpets, Carolina Designer Dragons, Carolina Classic Dragons, Kids&Dragons, Fairytail Dragons, Dynanimal, are just a few who are still decent breeders with morals and standards.

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
I would like to share a few things for when you are buying a dragon online from someone instead of in person.
1. Decide (or have a good idea) on the color, morph, and genetics you want, even if you are just looking for a pet.
2. Research the breeder - you want to know that they are going to do right by you.
3. After you have chosen a couple breeders you feel comfortable with, browse their availability list.
4. Once you see a dragon you like contact the breeder or breeders. Talk to the breeder via fb, messenger, texting, calling, ect, you want to know your breeder cares about the animals and you as a person. Tell them which dragon you are inquiring about. Ask about their pricing, setups, feeding schedules, and diets.
5. If you feel comfortable with the breeder then ask for more pictures under multiple lighting conditions. Sure, the breeder posted one or two pictures but dragons look different under different lights. You want to make sure that you are getting the color you want.
6. Ask for parent pictures or lineage pictures. Even if you aren't looking to breed parent pictures are important. They show you how your dragon could look grown up since a dragon's color can change multiple times as they grow and shed.
7. Once you feel comfortable about your breeder and the dragon you have chosen, talk about shipping policies and who the breeder ships through and what their arrival guarantee is. The rule of thumb is a dragon should be at minimum 6 inches long and weigh at least 6 grams before shipping.
8. Decide which day is best for shipping and receiving for both of you. Decide if you will have the dragon delivered to your door or if you will pick up at the hub.
9. Once everything is in order make sure you pay via something trackable.
10. Wait for your baby to arrive and while you wait make sure the cage is setup and temps are good. Be sure to have bugs and greens ready for your new dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom