Long time, no post! New pet store near me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

melissawf

Sub-Adult Member
Hey everyone! I don't know if any of you remember me but I thought I'd come and post and share my beardie story. We have this new small business pet store that specializes in frogs (we love froggies!), darts and other tropical and aquatic varieties in my town. They also have reptiles and arachnids and, get this, they sell ROACHES!! I haven't found ANYone who has had them locally! The other cool thing? They have about 4 rescued beardies in the store including one poor little girl who has MBD. If that isn't THE best advertisement for proper nutrition and lighting/not impulse-buying a reptile for your kid, I don't know WHAT is! I have never seen such a poor little thing! They have other, healthy beardie rescues too, one female which my own guy went CRAZY for! He tried to jump out of my arms to have at her (has never seen another beardie since he was a baby at the pet store, he's now 5yo, almost 6)! Hours and hours later, he is still black-bearded and head-bobbing! I thought he was over that phase. He only beards now for the hawks outside.

So, even though I was only after an emergency replacement for my Powersun bulb, I ended up with some Hissing Roaches, food for them, and a very forlorn boy who now wants a girlfriend. :)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Melissa, where have you been? :wink: Sounds like you've been quite busy.Great that you have your own pet store with all the goodies. Wow, your boy is almost 6 now, that doesn't seem possible. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom