Loki!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Loki last Thursday and i am finally getting a chance to post an introduction. I should have pics up by tomorrow but I had a quick question some you might could answer. I have just finished up my enclosure for him (using a small temporary for now). It is built similair to the crossfire enclosure w/ slate tile floor and sliding glass front measures 4' x 2' x 2'. I need to find a way to get more heat in it though. Right now I have a 150 reptile basking light (not sure of the brand bought at petco) but it is not putting off enough heat. It only gets up to about 88 degrees on the basking end of the enclosure. I am still trying to find a fixture for a 36" repti-sun 10.0 but I haven't had any luck. Do the Reptisun tube flourescents put off much heat?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and I will be posting pics of Loki and his new home tomorrow.

DistDrag

Juvie Member
The 150W basking lamp should be plenty. Measure the temp on the basking platform, branch..... You'll need a digital thermometer with a probe that you can lay on the basking spot or a temp gun. As for the 36" fixture, have you tried Walmart? I picked up a 24" fixture there the other day and I was almost certain I saw a 36".

Good luck
Kevin

ngillpatrick

Original Poster
DistDrag":c556c said:
The 150W basking lamp should be plenty. Measure the temp on the basking platform, branch..... You'll need a digital thermometer with a probe that you can lay on the basking spot or a temp gun. As for the 36" fixture, have you tried Walmart? I picked up a 24" fixture there the other day and I was almost certain I saw a 36".

Good luck
Kevin

I found the problem. The light I had was a full spectrum light, not a basking light. Added a 150W basking lamp last night and temps are good. I am using a radioshack digital ir thermometer, seems to be pretty accurate. Getting temps on basking rock from 100 to 104 deg. Cool end of tank is hitting 82 to 86 degrees. Checked my local Walmart but no luck. home depot here has only the small bulb fixtures up to 36" regular size bulb at 48" and up. Does the repti-sun 10.0 generate much heat??

ngillpatrick

Original Poster
Finally got a chance to upload some pics.

2009_0506personal0022.jpg

2009_0506personal0019.jpg

2009_0506personal0020.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom