Loki on track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate221

Hatchling Member
Hey guys, I'm new to bearded dragons and purchased one about 3 weeks ago from a pet store in town....he is only about 5 inches long, i'm asuming he's very young. He's eating around 35-45 small crickets a day, I can't get him to eat any veggies at all!! How many crickets should he be eating and how can I get him to eat veggies?!
I'd appreciate any feedback and suggestions, Thanks guys!

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
hello

Babies can eat from 30-100 crickets per day- fed 2-3 times per day. Don't worry about the veggies just yet. offer them daily and put some crickets in with the salad to entice him. They usually start eating when they're a little bit older.

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Kate221":34chotyh said:
Hey guys, I'm new to bearded dragons and purchased one about 3 weeks ago from a pet store in town....he is only about 5 inches long, i'm asuming he's very young. He's eating around 35-45 small crickets a day, I can't get him to eat any veggies at all!! How many crickets should he be eating and how can I get him to eat veggies?!
I'd appreciate any feedback and suggestions, Thanks guys!

As a baby (especially that small), he probably won't eat much veggies. Maybe one or two little pieces a day, but not a whole salad. Keep making him a salad and putting it in his viv, but don't be disappointed if he doesn't eat it. Once he gets older/bigger he'll show more interest. Mine's an adult now and he eats his whole salad every single day.

And for a dragon that size, 35-45 crickets a day sounds good. Make sure you're feeding him at least twice a day though. When they're young, they eat a lot of insects. You'll find yourself wondering how he fits so many bugs into his tiny little body!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom