Lobster Roaches vs. Dubia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ses2682

I bought a small colony of Dubia roaches from another beardie person from craigslist. I am so happy to hopefully get going on breeding my own dubia roaches for Leroy to enjoy. I also bought some lobster roaches from the same person as well, needless to say I am just feeding the lobsters until my Dubia get to making more babies.
I personally don't like the lobster roaches at all..I did think about breeding them as well...but I have decided I like the Dubias so much better. The lobsters are so much faster and it is really annoying to me to have to worry about them running up the glass of the viv...plus they are just more creepy to me than dubias....

does anyone like Lobster roaches better than dubia? Just wondered if I am missing some wonderful quality of the lobsters...( besides the fact they apparently breed faster than the dubia)

Theroachguy

Juvie Member
dubia all the way here, a way to help you with that speed problem with the lobster is to get what you need for feeding place in a container with a lid pop in freezer for about 5 mins and those little suckers are like snails..... of course when they warm up they willl run fast again so feed what your dragon will eat and your good to go.

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
My problem with the turks is that they emit an odor when you are trying to catch them. It's foul, but I do have a sensitive nose. My, then 10 year old son, would be sent out to the detached garage (more on that in a minute) and would come back hating them because they would stink and let loose a goo for defense. We kept them in the garage because those suckers are F.A.S.T if they ever escaped. They had ZERO problem existing out there in the heat; bred like crazy.

We use dubias now. Nice, gentle, non-smelly (unless they breed out of control and become too crowded - see my signature), low-maintenance, meat-rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom