lllreptile.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JNorm

I found this website, i was wondering if anyone else used it. Their prices seem really good.
zoomed powersun UVB for 37.95....
im just trying to find the cheapest place for MVB's
i need a bulb that can reach a good 15 inches or so with uva/uvb.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Yes, several people use that site. If you do a search there are a ton of threads about them. :|

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I have used lllreptile.com and I was more than pleased with them. I called and spoke to them before I ordered, and the young lady I spoke to was very polite and and helpful. I also apparently mistyped my credit card number, so they had to call me.. again, very polite. When I got my order, one of my bulbs was broken (out of a two-pack.. go figure) and they replaced it, no questions asked. In fact, I had forgotten about it already when it arrived! Their prices are great.. I have not ordered feeders from them, but they include shipping in their feeder prices, which are very reasonable.

But.. if you are considering a MVB..
I was considering the same bulb, but I was showed the MegaRay. It's $40, plus $10 shipping, but it's like the Mercedes Benz of MVB's.. They are warranted for 6 months, but, from what I understand, you can use them for up to 12 months safely. It might be worth checking into.. :wink:

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
LLL is great for supplies, but I agree with NegCreep about getting a Megaray instead.
Their service and prices are great, but there are better places to get feeders. Their crix and worms just don't seem as healthy as those from, say, Reptile Food. And there are a lot more DOA's from LLL than Reptile Food also. But for general supplies, they're great.

JNorm

Original Poster
Yeah ive thought about that, where does everyone get their Megarays??? and is it true you have to have a deep dome fixture if your putting a megaray directly on the screen top?
would 100w suffecently heat the basking spot at about 15"?
this site is as addictive as crack :D

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
JNorm":3a973 said:
Yeah ive thought about that, where does everyone get their Megarays??? and is it true you have to have a deep dome fixture if your putting a megaray directly on the screen top?
would 100w suffecently heat the basking spot at about 15"?
this site is as addictive as crack :D

The only place to get the real MegaRays is at reptileuv.com
Haha, there is an active thread in "Enclosures" about the MegaRays and the fixtures and stuff. I even posted a pic earlier in regards to the size.
I have my megaray, but I have not plugged it in yet (Finally, Tonight!!), but from what I understand, it should be able to heat my 40gallon breeder sized tank..
When I upgrade to the 75 gallon, I assume I will need the 160Watt..

And yes.. just as bad as crack..

JNorm

Original Poster
Yeah im right in the middle at 55. Im worried that if i get the 100w megaray or trex that it wont be able to keep the basking spot warm enough, my room gets down 65-70 degrees at night, but in the summer its constantly hot and i dont want to get the 160w and have it be to hot in the summer.....
Im wondering if the 100w would keep it warm enough if i also had a regular household bulb on the other side to keep the entire cage warm. Im going to test it as soon as i can order the mvb.

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
I use a 100 watt Mega Ray SB in Magick's 75 gal tank and it stays the correct temps. Our house always stays at 70 degrees year round. I also use one in Semi's 40GB tank.

I have ordered from lllreptile.com and had good service but I only ordered once from them.

npedersen

Hatchling Member
I have used them and really in the end I had no problems. For the same price the T-Rex MVB is also available from LLLReptile and is a better bulb in terms of longevity from all the reports I've seen.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom