LLL Reptiles Incubator Thermostat Off... Calculations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
HI there everyone,

I just discovered that my Incubator from LLL Reptile is off by 5 degrees. It's the one that looks like a little wine fridge. I had it set at 83 for over 60 days and noticed my expected clutch was not even sweating yet. I stuck my probe therm and a different standard gauge one for good measure and the both said 78. So now I have it set at 88 and getting a pretty steady 83 true. I am posting this for info but also was wondering if anyone could help me try and calculate my expected due dates at 78 degrees? Would be good to know better when to expect them. Other than that I really like the little incubator for ease and capacity.

Thanks

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Bump!

Does anyone have any idea how much longer I will be waiting? I am just trying to gauge a due date... they are at 75 days now!

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Having incubated that long at 78 degrees I am not certain that they will hatch. But I have heard of one clutch that went 110 days before hatching.

Now with that said. Where are you measuring your temp at vs the incubators temp? There is a high possibility of the interior of your egg bin being a different temp than the actual incubator due to the insulation that the container you are using for the eggs causes. Such as the ambient in my incubator is 88 but my eggs are cooking at a constant 84-85.

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well just as I was about to break out in tears at the news "they may not hatch" I went to place the probe inside the container, like you suggested, and there were several little noses peeking out at me! So I guess it did not make a huge difference (75 days). The temp inside the container is now 82.2 and that is with the incubator itself running at 89. So I hope that helps anyone out in the future that might get this incubator. It is a good step up from fumbling around with a hovabator and with the right tupperware you can fit a good amount of eggs. Thanks Spyder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom