lizard pets

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikez123

Hatchling Member
i did not know where to put this but i am thinking about turning my room to a lizard/gecko/small-reptile-with-legs habitat. i am thinking of LATER getting a few lizards.i am open to suggestions of low-cost, med. to low maitnence, handleable lizards. size is not a matter exept if bigger than 1 1/2 feet (18 in.) . i would like pics if possible but if not just say the name and i'll look it up.

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
well i cant offer much but i know for sure that bearded dragons are not low maintenance. you MUST provide proper lighting, temperature and food. Perhaps if you dont want to put alot of effort in maintaining your pets then you probably wont want a whole room of them!

spikez123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i as actually thinking of a few geckos and maybe a plated lizard. i don't want alot but i do want a little more. i already have a dragon and am not thinking of getting any more for a while

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
most animals require high maintenance and money costs. I have two little turtles each about 2" and I spent 300$ on a bigger tank, and i needed a 150$ filter to keep the cage clean as the small filters dont work. Plated lizards require high temps and UVB. Sorry if this sounds rude but if you dont want a high maintanence animal get corn snake or a ball python or something. There arent many lizards that arent hugh maintenance.

spikez123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no offense taken, i actually do want a snake but my mom is terrified of them. all i really am looking for are a few types of geckos or small lizards as i don't know that many. and actually i don't really care how much work there is as long as it is not all in one lizard so i can give the proper attention to all. in fact right now i have, just in my room, 3 guinea pigs, 1 mouse, 1 gerbil, and my beardie. my guinea pigs are almost 4 so im waiting til all i have is spike to get any more so there is no neglect.

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
oh okay i got'cha. There's leopard geckos, crested geckos, tokay geckos,(meanest things in the world) gargoyal geckos, panther geckos, those are the most easy ones. the for lizards (not geckos) if you have the room you could get a savanna monitor. or make a big living vivarium. They are a little exspensive to start up but i just finished mine a month ago and its so awsome. I have a bunch of dart frogs. The reason its "living" is because you plant plants and have a pool of water that you filter. So the whole thing builds up into an ecosystem in your own room!

spikez123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i have heard of leopards, cresteds, and tokays, but not gargoyals, and panthers. i will look those up. as for the monitor, i have considered them but i dont have the space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom