lizard funk during shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do BDs smell extra stinky during a shed? Ugh, Papi is so stinky and shedding like crazy. I put him in the bath and used a baby nail brush to gently scrub him... but didn't want to like rip his skin off! Anyway he reeks like lizard poo but appears clean.

What's up with this? WIll it get better?

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I've never noticed the dragons stinking more during shed. Have you checked closely to make sure there's no open wounds or infections? Are his or her poops okay?
Sara

momof2boys

Original Poster
I think his poops are okay.. I mean, they're stinky, but I have looked through them by putting them in a baggie and squishing it around.... no worms or anything that makes me think parasites. He seems super healthy, eating a lot, pooping daily, having a shed... He's only been with me 2 weeks, so I'm not so sure.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
If they are majorly stinky as in you can smell them across the room stinky, you might want to get a fecal exam done. It's really a good idea to get these done every 6 months regardless. If his poop is runny at all, it is even more important. I just don't know what else would be making him stink. Usually the crickets are what I smell, I've never noticed a smell to the dragons.
Sara

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I agree with Sara! If your beardie has an offensive odor I would definitely take him in for a fecal exam. As Sara mentioned....taking them in to the vet at least once a year for a well visit is a good habit to establish.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
During shed my two will often smell a little musty, but nothing offensive and they definately dont smell bad.
I would also get him a faecal exam asap.

Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom