live plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

syoung27

Hatchling Member
Hey all.
Wondering if anybody has tried growing real and edible greens in their Viv?
Would love to try this out or something the beardie can just bite at his own will. I'm not against making the salads and such for him, but something live and useful would be a nice addition if it's feasible. I'm just not sure what would also be small enough to grow in the Viv. ..obviously collard greens have massive leaves that the beardie would probably just climb on lol.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've grown kale in small pots and it worked out OK. I've since just started growing several greens in the house and out in the garden and it works out better. Several people with larger enclosures and bioactive substrate have grown grasses and plants in the enclosure but they tend to get trampled and beaten up pretty easily. It's worth a try but be wary of the plants being trampled and knocked over and messes being made. Easier in a large enclosure.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
If you don't have a really large encloser I wouldn't put a live plant in. I could be wrong, but won't plants raise the humidity level in the enclosure?

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
If you don't have a really large enclosure I wouldn't put a live plant in. I could be wrong, but won't plants raise the humidity level in the enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom