Live Phoenix worms in poop!! ?? What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan56765

Hi, my little guy has been having poops regularly and sometimes I see some worms still in it that were not completely digested and today there was a live one moving around in his poop?? What is this all about. He is about 4 - 5 months old and his temp on his basking side is about 105-115 in certain spots, he is in a 20 gallon tank and he has a Repti-Glo 8.0 Uvb light. He eats twice a day about 35 medium phoenix worms each time dusted with a multivitamin about every 3 days, He is not acting weird or anything just the poopy with with worms :).

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
I have heard of this. I would cut back on the phoenix worms and offer something else along with them. Your beardie really needs more then one kind of feeder to make a healthy diet. My vet always said to me a varied diet is a healthy one. I have a 4-1/2 month old that eats hornworms, roaches, phoenix worms each day and I am just now starting her on crickets. She consumes about 60-70 feeders.

Your temps are good but I think 110 degrees should be max for basking.

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
babies and juveniles like it a bit hotter - 115 should be fine

there is the possibility that the food is not being digested properly because of parasites and are you absolutely sure it was a phoenix worm and not a parasitic worm? because nothing should get through stomach acid alive!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We do not recommend temps above 110 on here, it expedites dehydration especially in babies.
The phoenix worms are small & there have been a number of cases in which this has happened. If she ate so fast to where she did not properly chew one up, then, it will just pass straight through her system.
How late in the evening do you feed her? Does she have at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours prior to her lights out to digest her food?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom