Live Feeder Amounts? (Different Ages)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anamlgrl

Hatchling Member
I have 4 beardies...two of them are around 7/8 mths. old, one is a 1 yr. old & the other is 2 yrs old.

They eat dubia & supers (along with salads of course!).

My questions is how many live feeders at each of their respective ages, should they be eating a day or week?

I did do a search (maybe not using the right key words) and could not find a straight answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Nixiemaiden

Hatchling Member
Honestly I was wondering the same thing and I don't think that there is an exact answer. I think it is pretty much give them as much as they want for certain periods.

like for a baby feed them live feeders twice a day and give them as many as they want for 15 minutes.

6 months to 18 months do the same thing but they only get one 15 minute feeding per day

18 months and up 15 minute feeding every other day

(at least these are the times I have read elsewhere)

Currently I have a baby...he is like 7 to 8 inches and weighs about 25 grams..no idea how old he is...but for him it depends. If I offer him crickets, he doesn't really eat that many. Maybe like 8-10 per feeding. If I offer him phoenix worms, he will eat 30-40 in a feeding. I think with him it is laziness though...he doesn't like to chase his food...the only crickets that get eaten are the ones that walk in front of his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom