Liquid calcium dosage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Hi all, we took Just sir to the vets for her bi-annual check up, and they said she seems to have the beginning stages of MBD. We came home with Zolcal-D liquid calcium, but it doesn't say how much to give for dragons just birds?

I'm hoping maybe someone can help with dosage, as I don't want to give her too much of the stuff! She's currently around 8 months old and weighs 363g, and we got her a new UVB also.

Not quite sure how the MBD has started as she has dusted locusts each day and a UVB bulb 4" from her basking spot, so maybe a new one will help :)

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I tried that on Wednesday after realising there wasn't suitable instructions, apparently the vet is away on holiday until the 25th,and I'm getting married that day and so won't be back until the 5th. I was hoping to get the details before then,but with a new UVB bulb and dusting etc she shouldn't get worse until then?

As an aside I was recently told by the. Reefer that her mother and sister are one of the same, so a bit of inbreeding going​ on if that may have affected her predisposition to MDB? (Pretty annoyed about that tbh but I still love her!)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Picklepies":2xqhx40n said:
I tried that on Wednesday after realising there wasn't suitable instructions, apparently the vet is away on holiday until the 25th,and I'm getting married that day and so won't be back until the 5th. I was hoping to get the details before then,but with a new UVB bulb and dusting etc she shouldn't get worse until then? <<< I found the info .... wasn't easy to locate .... hope that helps .... I'm gobsmacked the vet didn't tell you or write it on the bottle's label ....

As an aside I was recently told by the. Reefer that her mother and sister are one of the same, so a bit of inbreeding going​ on if that may have affected her predisposition to MDB? (Pretty annoyed about that tbh but I still love her!)
<<<< some breeders are real jerks and toe rags .... :(
She's 363g , so the dose is 363/100 x 0.1ml = 0.4 ml per day.

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aw thank you so much! I did t see the link first time sorry! Yeah I got Jubsie back when I thought all breeders were good and reputable, this one just wanted our money :/ but we have the beautiful Jubs so can't be too sad about it. :) Thank you so much for the link and help! X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom